1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How can I watch video podcasts (iPhone)

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Vmdouglass, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Vmdouglass

Vmdouglass New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have a 2012 Premium Nav system in my Prius v. I want to watch video podcasts using my iPhone. Has anyone tried or know how this could be done? Or how can input video other than inserting a DVD? :)

2. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have not seen any mention of iPod video on the Nav screen here on Prius Chat. But if it is possible using normal menus, then it will most surely be disabled when the vehicle is moving. The DVD player will not work when the Prius is moving for safety and liability reasons.

3. Matt M.

Matt M. Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I would like to know the answer to this question too! I've tried playing video podcasts in my 2012 Prius Four w/solar roof ("premium HDD nav"), and I get a message like "Video input not available" or something like that. I found the two references below that I find just bizarre, because as far as I know there is no separate audio/video input to the head unit, right?

=====
    iPod/USB/AUX

Play an Ipod
    Touch Video if Video is available – video will be shown if AV input is detected
    1. If no video input is detected, only the music/sound will be played
    =====
    Entune FAQs- Premium - Head Unit Features

Can the head unit play videos by hooking up a mobile device and downloading content?

Video cannot be streamed. However, video can be displayed on the Premium HDD Navigation [11] with Entune™ system while the vehicle is parked. This requires a customer-supplied video-out cable. Video display is a function of the audio system, not of Entune.