1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How Come No One Came To Saddam's Aid?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Where was HIS "coalition"?

How come battalions of troops weren't deployed to his aid against the "Evid Empire in the West"?

Why did the Arab world (or any other interested party), sit idly by while the U.S. took him down?

hmm....

2. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 3 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]234173[/snapback]</div>
    I don't understand your point. Are you saying the US was justified in invading Iraq simply because no other country had the power to oppose it? Might is right?

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Apr 3 2006, 01:30 PM) [snapback]234189[/snapback]</div>
    Not at all... What I'm saying, is if the world thought/thinks the invasion of Iraq was soooo utterly unjust, why did no one step in with physical, material, support for Saddam? Why didn't the Arab countries unite against the great Satan?

My angle is this: while those who opposed the war said so, they did nothing material to stop the U.S., nor intervene when it was revealed there were no WMD's. Why? Does this mean we can point to almost any other country on the map, and invade it while the world stands by? Absolutely not. Then what makes Saddam/Iraq different?

The anti-war folks can spin all they want, the fact is, no one other country stepped in and provided any material support for Saddam. Obviously, no one country "liked" Saddam enough, or "hated" the U.S. enough to actually commit to any sort of military action against us. Doesn't this tell you a lot about Saddam's Iraq?

4. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 3 2006, 12:09 PM) [snapback]234173[/snapback]</div>

There's an old Arab saying I've heard somewhere that goes something like "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". Supposidly it's a friendship of opportunity, sort of like if your neighbour is a total d@#$head, and the guy two blocks down the street is an a$$hole. But if the A-hole down the street decides to come and whop-s$$ on your DH neighbour, he'll be your buddy, untill he's down WA on the neighbour that is.

I know, it makes no sense, but it's an arab thing, we wouldn't understand :lol:

5. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

Squid, I like the way you think!! I doubt if too many other Arab leaders really liked Saddam in the first place and were glad we did what we did. You could say France and Germany were part of his coalition - Bastards.

6. dipper

dipper Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(imntacrook @ Apr 3 2006, 09:42 PM) [snapback]234551[/snapback]</div>

But..... France and Germany need to find Americans suckers to get rid of their junks (... I mean products).

France needs to get rid of their stinky foot cheese and wine, while Germany needs to get rid of their low quality (but with heritage... :lol: ) cars.