1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How Did You Prep for the Snow?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Spunky, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Spunky

Spunky New Member

The husband and I cancelled a Ben Franklin weekend because they're predicting 8-12 inches in Philly. "Only" 6 inches predicted for home so here we sit.

Went to Annapolis and shopped yesterday for boat supplies (new tiller, foul weather gear for me, new anchor rode markers, marine lightbulbs). Crab cake sandwiches for late lunch, told Foxy to scoot for home. Picked up more salt on the way back into town, moved the shovels from the garage into the stairwell.

Now we're sipping champagne (left from New Years), playing Scrabble, watching some of the Olympics, and baking chocolate chip cookies. Spaghetti sauce bubbling on the stove, tuna steaks defrosting in the 'frig for tomorrow, books to read at the ready. Cross country skis waiting behind the door.

A weekend snow storm is great, there's time for the plows to do their thing before Monday's rush hour.

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    How do I prep for the snow? Wax the skis of course. But if it ever snowed like that here, I think I would have to move. Snow is for playing in, not living in. :p

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    You're down with it. Would you describe that as an art or a science? :)

4. HokieHybrid

HokieHybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well since I'm supposed to fly tomorrow, and the storm was supposed to be worse in the East, I came out West to make sure I'd make it to Dulles. Now it's raining in Arlington, and here in Loudoun they're calling for 6-12 inches.

Sooo...in addition to my clothes packed for my business trip to California, I brought home 4 movies, waterproof boots, and long underwear. Have to be prepared to take the neighbors' kids sledding. Or at least that's the excuse I'm using.

I'm thinking about going to the grocery store for some apples to make a cake.