1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How difficult is it to pull the back seat out of a prime?

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by Flagmaster, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Flagmaster

Flagmaster Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Id like to gain access to my prime's battery charger. Is that difficult?

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Just use the charging door for access :p.

The seats are bolted in, so not hard to remove ;).

Mind sharing what you’ll be doing:whistle:?

Good luck and keep us posted (y).

3. Flagmaster

Flagmaster Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Iv invented a specific adapter that fits between a 3rd party 2-way long-range remote start system, and the Prius Prime. It's an electronic device that enhances the remote start feature set. It allows for full-take-over, in other words, no shut down on door open or brake press, just get into a remote started car and drive off. It also allows 2 remote start modes while still plugged in taking a charge at level 1 or level 2. My prototype has a simple manual switch to pick which of 3 modes:

1. normal not plugged in remote start
    2. normal mode remote start while plugged in
    3. factory remote start while plugged in, but using the 3rd party 2 way remote.

I need to tap into the 120vac/240vac lines to install a small dc converter so while plugged in my device will automatically know what mode to use.

each mode has advantages and disadvantages based on what works best for your situation.

And yes, anti-car theft is still maintained while remote started, fully.

My hopes are to sell the patent to an interested company after a demo that it really works. As far as I can tell, there is no other way to do these things with any other product.

noonm and Tha_Ape like this.
  4. m8547

m8547 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The seat bottom cushions come out by basically just pulling straight up in the front. They are hooked on in the back. The seat backs have a few bolts. Not sure about the center console or platform under the seat, but it's probably obvious once you get the cushions out.