1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How difficult is the engine swap on a 2013 prius v?

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Matt98svt, May 30, 2023.

1. Matt98svt

Matt98svt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Came across a prius v exactly like my 2013 V 5 local with blown engine for cheap, everything else looks to be in great condition on the car. How difficult is the engine swap on a V? I know that is a relative question but as in how many hours does it generally take and must it be done on a lift or can it be done with the car on the ground? I have done the EGR cleaning and replaced the brake booster actuator , plugs, water pump etc and that was all very easy. Looking at some of these JDM engines online and reading a bit more on here from others who have done swaps. Will any of these JDM engines bolt up in a V and work with the ECM and transmission or does it have to be a specific engine? Any tips, advice, etc greatly appreciated.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Tim Jones likes this.
  3. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Go to youtube............. lots of videos there...............or google it...................