1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do I change the Nav DVD?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Hryb, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Hryb

Hryb electic

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I bought a new Nav DVD for my 2007 and I see the DVD reader under the passenger seat, but I can't figure out how to remove the black plastic cover to eject the DVD and insert the new one. I see the two plastic screw type things holding the cover in, but they don't seem to come off easily.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The DVD reader is under the driver's seat. With the car in Ready and Park, slide the driver's seat all the way forward so you can get at it from the back. There's a cover on the left side that pulls off and a button to press to eject the old DVD. Slip in your new DVD. Slide the seat back and power down the car. Power up the car to Ready and check your region, etc.

3. Hryb

Hryb electic

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Errr. Wow....did I have that wrong. Yup...there it is, ejected it and replaced it fine.

Thanks for saving me Bill.

/embarrassed.

BTW: Do I need to do anything special to get it to load the new maps, and the new 'feature' where I don't have to press I AGREE (the real reason I forked over $$ to upgrade.) ?

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I don't think so, just make sure you're looking in the NW region so you can find local destinations. Tell me how it works out.

5. Hryb

Hryb electic

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks Bill. It worked perfectly. When I restarted the car w/ the new DVD in it...it took about 20-30 seconds to boot up, which I assume was the new firmware loading off of the DVD. All works great.

The hardest part was finding the unit to open the door ;)

6. esoxlynn

esoxlynn New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I bought 7.1 from my dealer here in Bellingham WA. He installed it after I showed him that it was under the driver's seat not the passenger seat. I still have the "I agree". What did he do wrong? (All he did was put in the new 7.1) When I go to menu to check version # it says 7.1. Can we really get rid of the "I Agree"?