1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do I fix this rubber part that's causing obnoxious wind noise? Pics inside

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by boredom1990, Aug 16, 2020.

1. boredom1990

boredom1990 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone -

I recently bought my 2005 Prius from a friend, and it has significant wind noise in the passenger cabin when driving faster than about 45 mph. I used some tape to track down the source and discovered that the noise is coming from the lower corner of the windshield area on the passenger side. I reviewed the area and found that there appears to a rubber part that's bent out of shape or not installed correctly - I don't know what it's called, but it's some kind of a rubber seal that goes between the windshield and the rest of the car. See below pic:

IMG_20200816_162306.jpg

It looks like something came unclipped under the windshield; I have no idea how to fix this. For comparison, you can see the driver side in this other pic:

IMG_20200816_162320.jpg

Note the relatively smoother lines on that rubber part.

What is this part called, and how can I fix it? If it's hard to fix, is there an easier workaround than just covering the area with duct tape and periodically replacing?

Thanks for your help!