1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do I open the Dash? Installing HK Drive&Play

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by giacomodolce, Nov 27, 2006.

1. giacomodolce

giacomodolce New Member

I just got a 07 Prius, and I have a Harman Kardon Drive&Play that I want to permantly install. I think I can do it all myself, but I don't know how to open the dash to get behind the radio.

Can anyone help me with instructions on opening the dash, & maybe a wiring diagram to find where I can tap into power? Also, does anyone know if there is an aux input available behind the radio?

Thanks!

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    check out http://eagle33199.servebeer.com/Prius_Stea...ox_Tutorial.pdf

There are instructions in the later half that someone else posted about taking apart the dash - it's fairly instructive.

As for the rest - There isn't natively an aux input available behind the dash. However, I would suspect that they ran the wires to the aux input in the center console straight from the head unit, so you might be able to figure out which ones those are and tap/redirect them for your purposes. If you just tap into it, make sure that you never try to run audio into both devices at the same time, it can't be good for anything.