1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how do i program garage opener. can't find it anywhere

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dsyoo86, Sep 22, 2007.

1. dsyoo86

dsyoo86 New Member

i have 05 prius package 2 and i don't kno how to use the garage programer. does it work for community gates too???? anyone help man .

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Umm, the instructions are fairly clear in the owner's manual (that's why you don't see any threads on it). There are two types - a regular remote and one that uses rolling codes. You have to determine which one you have and follow that set of instructions (or just pick one and if it doesn't work, follow the other set of instructions).

If the community gates are operated by a remote, then you can also train the garage door opener to open the gates.

3. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It's on page 309 in the owners manual. But incase you're not the original owner and don't have the manual.....

Erase the memory...hold down homelink buttons 1 & 3 for 20 seconds until the indicator light flashes.

Decide which homelink button you want to program.
    Hold your garage door transmitter 1-2 inches away from the mirror.
    Simultaniously press and hold the garage door transmitter button along with the selected homelink button.
    DO NOT RELEASE UNTIL NEXT STEP COMPLETE>
    When the indicator light on the mirror changes from a slow to a rapid flash, you can release both buttons

Test using the mirror button you just programmed. Remember, you need to press and hold the button a few moments, not just a quick push.

If this doesn't work, advise and I will explain rolling code programming.

A gate can be done in the same manner as above....using a different button on the mirror. While you are holding the selected mirror button, press and release repeatedly the gate transmitter button, until the mirror's indicated light goes from slow to rapid flash.

4. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A