1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do you adjust the seats for safety?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by formerVWdriver, May 7, 2007.

1. formerVWdriver

formerVWdriver New Member

After reading all the discussion about marginal safety in the "I hate my Prius" thread, could somebody tell me the safest way to adjust the seats and headrests for a rear end (or other) collision? I am short and keep them all at their lowest height so I can see better (there is something to be said for avoiding collisions) but perhaps I need to do things differently.

Any guidance is appreciated.

2. tiger roach

tiger roach New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(formerVWdriver @ May 7 2007, 10:10 AM) [snapback]436837[/snapback]</div>
    As I understand it, the headrest should be in position to catch your noggin if a rear-end collision causes it to snap back. So if you are short, the lowest setting could be appropriate for you. If your head would snap partially over the headrest in the event of a blow from behind, it is too low.

3. formerVWdriver

formerVWdriver New Member

Thank you, Tiger Roach. And congrats on your new car!

4. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The top of the headrest should line up with the top of your ears. Sit as far as possible from the steering wheel as is comfortable. Your arms should be slightly bent when you're holding the steering. Check that your seatbelt roller/dispenser in the B-pillar is at the aproximate height of your shoulder.