1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do you enable NAV function on 06 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by leeki4321, Jan 7, 2006.

1. leeki4321

leeki4321 New Member

I just picked up my 06 Prius with package 7 yesterday and I'm extremely happy with the car but what gives with the NAV and phone book locked out during driving!! I've been reading about this topic extensively but it seems most of the info is for 05 models. I tried the menu, volume, upper left, lower right, etc sequence but it doesn't seem to work on the 06 model.

Does anyone know how to do this on the 06?
    Thanks,
    Ki

2. electricitylikesme

electricitylikesme New Member

As I understand it, the software override for the nav system was removed on the 06 model. Can anyone confirm what the sequence is to get into the nav diagnostic screen on the 06 (if it's even possible?)?

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Unless and until someone 'discovers' the Easter Egg for this on the '06 I think you guys are going to have to investigate the mechanical overrides like most of us used for almost 2 years until it was discovered for the '04/'05s.

In a way, I think it's a good thing. Give you all some adventures in moding your own cars and making your own new discoveries. I think it's part of the fun of ownership.

4. sib1013

sib1013 New Member

Any details on the mechanical options?
    Thanks!

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  6. JMcPhee

JMcPhee New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I picked my '06 #8 up Friday night. While driving, my nav is only accessible by VOICE. Try it.

7. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    What can you do by voice while driving? Can you get any screen displays like a list of Shopping Centers nearby (with distances), or just add POIs for them like the rest of us can do by voice?

The real Big Deal to the NAV override was doing button-related things, and if voice can do them in a '06 then you are already golden...

8. DocToss

DocToss Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I may keep the lockouts. My wife thinks I fiddle with the screen too much anyway. I guess it is a guy thing.

9. ca_gary

ca_gary Dazed & Confused

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    :lol: Definitely! - Your wife must talk to mine!! - I get that statement all the time!

I tried entring a destination by voice today for the first time (just got the car last sat) and it was OK, but you know, I STILL wanna know how to override it (hopefully in software). I have a nav system in my 2000 odyssey and it doens't lock you out and I am not dead yet.

Before I bought the Prius, I was seriously looking at the Acura TSX with nav. The difference between the nav's from Toyota and Honda is amazing. Honda is really ahead. It was very very nice. It ALMOST got me to swing over and say "to hell with gas mileage and car pool stickers, let's get a cool NAV system, full voice control and integration for my iPod and 200+ HP" - but you see where I am .... :)

10. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Check out the thread I started which addresses this head on.