1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how do you get into the fob to change the batteries

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by suirp91257, Dec 6, 2010.

1. suirp91257

suirp91257 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I think my battery is low in both of my fob keys.It's not unlocking every time anymore but I don't see any access to get into this thing....Don't want to do damage cause i'm sure it wouldn't be cheap....Help!

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  3. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Pat's description is a good one (as usual). I have changed two fob batteries so far with no issues, but the first time you open one, it may stick a bit so be patient and try again.

JeffD

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    sometimes Fobs dont work for the same reason cellphones dont work, they simply lose the electromagnetic war. other sources can affect it. i had fobs (both of them) that appeared not to work, but only in a certain location (which happened frequently due to assigned parking!!) . i had them reprogrammed which helped a little, but did not fix the issue but i never had issues with them other than at home.

well, i eventually moved from there and was visiting someone there a few months later and they mentioned that their son moved in with a gal across the courtyard (my parking space was between them) and he had wi-fi setup to share their internet connection. he had moved there just over a month before i had moved out which was right about the time i started having issues with my Fob.

now i have no proof, but...