1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do you get more leg room???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dwils4, Jul 19, 2005.

1. dwils4

dwils4 New Member

I just took delivery of a new 05 Black #6 last week. I am 6'3" tall with long legs and would love to find a way to safely mount the front drivers seat back 1" further than the farthest setting. I was looking under the seat tonight and it looks like it is not possible. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this??

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are multiple threads on this topic. One member is actually in the process of extending the sliders, but it is a complex task with the sensors for the air bags and such.

It seems the the easiest and most painless way to improve the leg room situation is to actually use a hack-saw and shorten your own legs!

I could use about 2" more throw back and a tilting seat bottom myself, but it seems too difficult/expensive to accomplish.

3. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Rumor has it that 06 will have better seating. I am waiting to do my mod until I analyze the 06 to see if there are any parts I can integrate from the new model. (Like a seat rail assembly).

Nate