1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do you keep track of the charge on the hybrid battery once the plug-in level is fully depleted?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by macarose, Jul 13, 2023.

1. macarose

macarose Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    On a non-Prime Prius there are usually eight bars inside a battery icon which help you track this. I can't find a display on the Prime that gives me the same information.

I really appreciate the help and thanks very much.

2. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is this a 2023 Prime or earlier? On my 2017 Prime you can choose to look at details for the battery but it'll only show an approximation on a single HV section bar once the EV section bar goes to 0. This HV bar will shrink and grow as the HV control of the battery is regenerated or discharged but it's not very detailed beyond that. I hardly ever used it and preferred to use an OBD diagnostic tool such as Dr. Prius or OBD Fusion.

3. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Find the Prime Owner's Manual online here, https://ownersman.com/manuals/2022-Toyota-Prius-Prime-owners-manual, and then find the Instrument Cluster section. It shows the following description of the Traction Battery remaining charge,

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 4.46.16 PM.png