1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do you know if a thread was deleted or if there is an error?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by windstrings, Nov 16, 2006.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Is there a place on the forum to view deleted headers or threads?

I went to respond to 4 of my emails and this is all I get from PC?

So I did a search for the thread and got the same results?

Strange?... Usually I've seen threads shut down and a comment posted, but never just evaporate without a trace or notice?

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've set at least one thread that was getting out of hand thanks to our new herd of trolls..basicly there was no valuable content to the thread anyway...that may be the one you're looking for. If you've something important to say about something just start a new thread and summarize the content you're responding to...but lets not feed the trolls.

3. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Nov 16 2006, 10:12 AM) [snapback]350143[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for your reply Evan....
    It was the one about beating a Mitsubishi off the line.... there was one guy who came out there from some other forum that used at least one word of slang that I noticed, but unless the general theme of the thread was offensive, I didn't think anything was out of hand with that particular thread... alot of interesting comments and feedback had been interjected from others?

I don't know if it was deleted or not.. its just that last night when I went to respond to 4 different replys from that same thread "while on a different computer".. I got that error that I was no longer available...

Then I went home and downloaded my email to my personal computer and got the same error... then I did a search for keywords that should have brought up that thread "if" it had been moved to Freds or some other place and it still gave me the same error.

Since I didnt' get any notice, I assumed maybe it was an error on the system?

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's the thread, and you've been around long enough to know that those idiots start by some mild baiting and it just escalates out of control as we get defensive...or offensive. It serves no purpose. It's a game played by these racing dufuses with nothing better to do but annoy other people.

5. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Nov 16 2006, 10:24 AM) [snapback]350148[/snapback]</div>
    Well at least I know I"m not hallucinating!

There was about two hours from my last post until the time I got that error.. I dont' know what was posted in that interim... the guy was definately a twinky head..... it must had been pretty derogatory to get your attention that fast!

I just didn't know if the whole thread was inappropriate or if the twinky heads that chimed in ....

But thanks.. I guess even the nature of this thread could stimulate them again....so you may want to delete this thread too......

But I never get tweaked by them... they usually don't have enough intellectual fortitude to stand up to over about 5 minutes of dialouge without starting the profanities when challenged....

but I know they offend alot more people than they amuse... so I understand....

I just go out of my way to make sure "they" aren't the ones being amused... I like it the other way around! :)

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    And I'm not completely convinced that it's related to the topic at hand. :D

7. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Nov 16 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]350259[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for your vote of confidence Tony.... it wouldn't be the first time I was a baaad boy! :unsure:

But it wasn't intentional if so.

I would never do well in politics..... never been too popular you know! :D

I'm not too good at telling people what they want to hear for some reason.... :(

8. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Nov 16 2006, 11:10 AM) [snapback]350266[/snapback]</div>
    Would you like some pointers? :rolleyes:

9. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 18 2006, 08:26 PM) [snapback]351543[/snapback]</div>
    Certainly... your an expert!..Everybody knows that!

At being a bad boy that is! :lol: :lol:

I need all the help I can at keeping out of trouble!

10. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 18 2006, 08:26 PM) [snapback]351543[/snapback]</div>
    By your silence.. that must be my pointer?.....

I haven't even been active out here much lately... about the last several months I've barely posted....

Seems the climate is charged.. there must have been alot of trouble makers out here.....

Wildkow.. I notice 85% of your posts are at Freds.. so I'm really waiting in anticipation of what your advice is....
    I"ve always found your threads were worthy of reading and although offensive to many, are usually helpful to keep the atmosphere light and tones down and still keep the various colors of thought going.

There are many that do not welcome nor desire conversation that disagrees with thier own opinions... but sorry to say.. but thats what make PC great!.... People love to hear the different thought and angles they would not dare speak themselves 'but think".

I don't think its right nor valuable input to just aggrivate and cause hate and discontent without honest thought from the heart.
    Reveling if the pain of others with purposeful attempts to aggrivate and cause mental anguish is nothing short of cruel and hateful and they should be simply banned.

How do we judge or draw the line between those people and the ones who simply have ideas that contrast our own?
    I'm assuming, it's when they break the rules of the forum by speaking profanities and having total disregard and respect for others.

Anyway.... since I started the thread and it was deleted without warning, or notice, it tends to make me feel like my ideas are not welcome.

I know racing a prius is considered sacrilage my some, as wonderful as the prius is..... a car is a car.. a means of transportation.
    Its not a "statement" nor a banner of being green.... its just a smart move based on the economic and environmental climate.

I've defended, rebutted, and "nearly worshipped" the prius as much as anybody out here.. I believe in it, and think its the trend of our future.

If you shouldn't race a prius, you also shouldn't race a porsche or a ferrari.
    The insight too has earned a reputation of being a "sissy" car .... I just drove one yesterday and was amazed at the power it had.....

Is the prius an "Idiol" that I've desecrated by "racing it?"

Is this getting totally rediculous or what?

I expect this thread to also be deleted or at best moved to Freds...

Do we not want any conversation that is provocative, or stimulating?

Are we supposed to all agree and never challenge each others paradigm?

If there is a way of retrieving it and review it, it will be seem that I was totally civil, humourous, not did I feed the trolls, but rather spoke "through" thier offensive language and challenged thier attitudes?

Is a thread going to be deleted every time a troll enters in?.. why can't we just ban the trolls?.. why not lock them out, rather than shutting the whole converstaion down that many were active in that have good reputations out here and are not trouble makers?
    And surely they would know its coming before it happens?

Is everyone that challenges thought a trouble maker?

Where is the line drawn in the sand before the MP's are brought in?

Will a couple of PM's to the moderators institute thread deletions without notice?

Is there a secret police I don't know about?

Is this a popularity contest now?

Have I lost too many brownie points in my absence while moving across country to maintain a post?

I didn't even know who those guys were.....

Just speak the word by anybody in authority and you won't have to hear from me again.....