1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do you manage your ipod's cable?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Smokey2010, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Smokey2010

Smokey2010 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just picked up my gray Prius 2010 this Saturday! I am excited to be a member of the Prius chat community!

I apologize if this is already addressed elsewhere. I searched on the forum but couldn't find anything.

I connect my ipod to the AUX input inside the center compartment. I want to leave my ipod out of that box so I can see it, but the compartment's lid (which also doubles as an arm rest) can't close properly because of the cable (that connects the iPod's headphone outlet to the AUX) is in the way. The center compartment's lid will pinch on the cable if you shut it properly. How do you deal with this issue?

2. wvgasguy

wvgasguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Doesn't the PrIUS III have bluetooth? I bought a cheap cable but then discovered I could use the bluetooth and it took about 2 minutes to hook it up and use it.

3. hptsang

hptsang Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I like the design from the Venza. They have a place for you to put your Ipod and there is a hole for you to run the Aux cable ( I think it is big enough to allow you to run the car charge cable also with the Aux cable) from the center compartment.

4. dogllama

dogllama New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hopefully the september iPod capability update will fix this issue and make the aux cable a non-issue. Until then enjoy your free Sat radio! :)

5. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Won't your iPod fit into the 2nd cupholder? I'd leave the console slid back and put the iPod into that cupholder (if I didn't have bluetooth, which is really convenient with my iPhone).

6. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Isn't the september release for NAV systems? The OP appears to not have NAV.

7. Radon

Radon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I put my iphone in the little tray under the armrest and use a griffin adapter with remote that I leave sitting out near the internal cup holder. it keeps it all hiddin so when I park to enter a store I can just pause and walk away.