1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do you stop pass/ seat belt beeping

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base Articles Discussion' started by WWJD08, Jul 31, 2008.

1. WWJD08

WWJD08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    When my wife unbuckles the seat belt when we stop to get mail the annoying seat belt beep comes on. How do you shut it off???:smash:

2. taggart

taggart Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    1- Turn car on, cycle odo to read odo and not trip a or b
    2- Turn car off
    3- Turn car on, within 6 seconds press odo and HOLD it for at least 10 seconds
    4- While still holding odo latch seatbelt
    5- While still holding odo unlatch seatbelt, odo will change to b-on
    6- Press odo once, b-on will become b-off
    7- Turn car off

These instructions work for the driver's side seatbelt and the reverse beep (just replace seatbelt latch/unlatch with shift into reverse, then park) but I have to admit that I haven't tried it for the passenger side seatbelt. It should work, but you may have to have someone sit in the passenger's seat while latching/unlatching. I am pretty sure that is the case.

3. Tchou

Tchou Member

wait to stop before unbluckling

4. taggart

taggart Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I hear you, but if it's anything like where I live, the mailbox is about 4 houses down from ours. We stop on the way home to check the mail and when my wife gets back in, no need to refasten the seatbelt. Starts squawking before we get home.

Funny that I haven't quieted it yet.