1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how does the vent panel with the park button come out

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by priussoris, May 20, 2007.

1. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Does it just pull out like the others do? I want to remove the black plastic door below the stereo so I can mount my XM receiver there. I have the shift knob unscrewed and the vent panel removed by the glove box and the the right side of the door is disconnected but need to remove the other side of the door but need to take that vent panel out what is the sequence for that panel only.
    does that just pull out or does the bottom plastic around the hump area have to come out also?

thanks

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You start by pulling out the far left vent, then the upper and lower panels where the steering wheel is. Then all you have to do is pull on the center left vent. You don't need to remove the shifter knob just gently pull the vent out like the others and disconnect the park button.

3. priussoris

priussoris New Member

So the shift knob does not need to be removed how would you get that panel out the slots in the panel are smaller than the knob? I just need to remove the door that hides the storage under the stereo, so the left vent and upper and lower panels by steering wheel just to take out the vent panel with shifter and park button, wow seems like a lot of disassembly for the silly door panel to be removed..lol

thanks

4. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ May 20 2007, 09:41 AM) [snapback]446127[/snapback]</div>
    After looking again I see that the shifter knob does not need to come off, That the panel goes over that round hole.

thanks
    Craig

5. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Search for the DICE install guide and it will give you the info you need.