1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How fast did your Prius train you?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by snowmentality, Apr 7, 2011.

1. snowmentality

snowmentality New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We picked up our 2006 Prius today! :D After spending about an hour driving it (over 4 trips), I got back in our temporary rental Chevy -- and realized the darn Prius and its darn addictive mileage graph had already trained me to drive for better mileage! I was conscious of coasting as long as I could, braking as slow as I could, maintaining my speed by pressing the gas pedal very very gently.

I found myself getting frustrated when the Chevy didn't reward me with an increasing bar graph :) I can't wait to get back in the Prius and have fun driving it some more!

How fast did y'all get trained by your Prii?

1 person likes this.
  2. mikewithaprius

mikewithaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The very first drive home!

Refining the driving skills for consistent better mileage took me about two months, and then the two months after things have been getting a little better with experience (or is it the warmer weather...).

3. 05hybrid

05hybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It trained me in the first few days

We bought our prius in february and just a couple of weeks ago, I drove my mother inlaws trailblazer and it had to adjust to that vehicle. I was trying to drive it like the prius but that didn't work, lol....

4. Tom G.

Tom G. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I was trained just by fantasizing. Before I bought I explored these chats, and by the time I picked up my Prius last month I had improved my 97 Volvo's mileage by about 20%.