1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How good is the factory navigation on the 2004's with voice activation?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by drewbabich, Jan 17, 2014.

1. drewbabich

drewbabich Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi guys, just picked up my first prius. The replacement for the broken touchscreen is in the mail

When shopping on craigslist it seems that navigation is kind of rare, (at least in the cheapest price range that i'm shopping).

Question is: How well does the navigation work, especially being a 2004 without any updating i assume?

How well does the voice activation control stuff work? I never use the voice activation in my kia sorrento, but i do use voice activation all the time on my iphone.

Basically, am I still going to use my aftermarket magellon a lot more then the factory navigation or does it work real good on the older priuses?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    you have navigation on yours?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    our '04 ha the nav, sorry, it was not good. sometimes, it didn't even know what state i was in. very difficult to use, not intuitive at all. all the best!(y) and of course, you can't see it when the sun is on it.

4. drewbabich

drewbabich Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    yea but the screen is broken. I'm about to order a new screen

5. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I don't know if the 04 is different from the 05, but the 05 works good imho. it will definitely need the updated disc; a lot of new roads in 10 years in most metro areas.