1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How high is too high?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Neicy, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Yesterday driving up to NH I noticed a fWT reading of 218'F. Had just about reached the top elevation to where I was going. Grill is blocked except on left side (about 8" wide section is open the entire height of lower grill) and lowest bottom space of lower grill is open. On flat surfaces temps have not been above 202'F. At what point do I stop and pull out some of it? Didn't hear any fan sound but it could have been masked by music playing. I noticed it when I stopped to take some photographs.

2. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Neicy @ Oct 22 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]528937[/snapback]</div>
    Why are you blocking your grill when it's 79 degress outside???

3. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    It was in the 40's last week. This is not usual late October weather around here - usually it's a lot colder, and it gets colder at night.

4. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    [disclaimer= I don't have a scangauge yet, so i don't black the grille, so take my advice with a grain of salt]

I'd say if it's warm and you're going to be climbing elevation for a while still, I'd stop if it looked like the temp was going to cross ~210oF.

5. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Thank You. That's just it - I never do big hill climbing like I was doing, and I figured it had to be that. I'll have to keep an eye on it next time I go up. But I got them stuck in there so tight that they will probably pull apart if I have to remove them before spring comes.