1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How I found a new Prius in a couple of weeks

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by NJ Dave, Jan 9, 2005.

1. NJ Dave

NJ Dave New Member

While I haven't physically rec'd the car, it is due this week, in the color and package I want. I only decided a few weeks ago the 05 Prius is my #1 choice to replace our current leased car. Put a deposit with a dealer 28 Dec.

Here is how it happened: After reading threads here I realized I might have to travel a bit to find the car, so I decided to start with my state of residence first, and I didn't have to go to plan B at all to get my name on a specific car.

Below is pasted from my reply to another thread:
    Well I was on the Toyota website and writing down all the NJ dealers' phone numbers, and noticed they all had email addresses listed, so I copied them all to an email address group and sent out a generic message to about 27 dealerships.

Rec'd about a dozen email replies and a couple of phone calls from dealers who knew how to use a phone book (I didn't list my phone # in the email).

There were some cars out there but none to match our desires. Our local dealership sales guy had not given us much hope but the Sales Mgr there did reply to the email and by the end of the day I had a VIN#!

Turned out the Mgr knew that the configuration I desired was allocated to another customer who didn't care about configuration, so he was able to swap us, putting the other customer in the higher package and linking us with his car!

So if the car shows up this week as promised, it will only be a few weeks from want to get!

Dave.