1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How I got my Prius in 45 minutes; no bull.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RobertO, May 21, 2004.

1. RobertO

RobertO New Member

I knew if I waited long enough, My Day Would Come.

A number of Senior Posters and Moderators already know this; they're already groaning, "there he goes again...!".

Heck with 'em. Here's my tale; I love this story:

After two years of researching the Classic and poring through the web for info on the '04, we decided to go to an out of town dealer to drive a Trac Car. We figured (correctly, as it turned out) it was an exercise in supidity to try the big time dealers around Seattle.

That was Saturday, October 25.

The test drive convinced us this was the car for us. We had decided on a Tideland Pearl with just the rear wiper. $ 21,000 was about the most we could stand to spend.

At the conclusion of our test drive in the Trac Car, we pulled into the dealer ship. They were unloading some Toyota products from a transporter truck, including - no lie - a Driftwood Pearl AM-7.

I asked the salesman, " 'sup with that one?" He said, "lemme check".

He came back and told us it was a reputedly Dealer Trade and at that moment no one could really tell him why they had the car and that at the moment, it was "unclaimed".

We agonized overr the the extra 2 grand or so for, say, maybe 1.5 seconds and said, "we'll take it". Best upgrade money we ever spent.

Done deal.

True story.

We never looked back.

At 8,700 miles and counting, it's gotta be the cooolest car we've EVER owned.

Around Seattle and Bellevue, mostly in town at speed below 60 MPH plus downtonwn trafffice, thie current tank is displaying bout 47.3 MPG. I've had a couple of 50+ MPG tanks.

Just gotta love this car.

Bob

2. slowpoke

slowpoke New Member

Very cool

3. pkjohna

pkjohna Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ah, now it's true confession time. With all of the horror stories of 6 month waiting periods or more I haven't wanted to fan the flames by telling my tale but now that I'm not the only one I'll go for it.

I'd been reading about how cool the 04 Prius was and how it was bigger, more powerful, and got higher mpg than the previous version. I was already curious about the prior model but just figured it was too small. After reading press (one could call it hype were it not true) I called my wife and asked if she wanted to head to the dealer and take one for a spin. Having heard of the wait time I didn't really expect to buy one; I just wanted to see if it was big enough and could get out of it's own way. Needless to say, the Prius passed the test with flying colors and we were hooked.

The salesman fiddled with some paperwork and proceeded to inform us that he had one available that just happened to be the color that my wife and I had independently chosen previously as our favorite though it didn't have my first choice in option packages. It turns out the a buyer had backed out at the last minute because he didn't get what he wanted in trade-in. The car should have gone to the next one on the waiting list but who was I to argue? The inventory manager had gone home so the salesguy checked with the floor manager who said to go for it. Bottom line is we did the paperwork that evening and took delivery the next day. Life is so unfair isn't it? :mrgreen:

4. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My thoughts exactly!