1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How i got my Prius. No waiting!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Synergy, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Synergy

Synergy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi everyone. I thought i would share my story with all of you. As I had a hard time beliving it aswell. OK here goes!

Last Saturday my parents and I where in the city running a few errands. I have been in a blue mood all week because I have called every toyota dealership in my area that say there is a waiting list for the prius and I would have to sign up. Sorry Im not going to wait 6-8 months for a car :(. Then just for the fun of it I asked my parents if we could stop by the toyota dealership. They gave me the hardest time, telling me that there would be NO prius's and I should just forget about it. I didnt give up though and they finally caved when I told them there was a Panera Bread right next the the dealership. So this is where it gets good. We pulled into the dealership. I looked among the seas of camrys and corollas, but no prius's in sight. There was a couple with license plates on them. Appartly somebody else's prius. We parked the car and walked around. Still no Prius's. I was about to give up, I decided I would walk around the back. So i did and then I saw it. A Spectra Blue Mica Prius, with no "Sold" tag on it and no license plates on it. I was shocked, it must be for sale, but how i thought. I almost went crazy. I told my parents to wait at the car, they themselves seemed shocked. I powerwalked into the Dealership and asked for our salesmen that we have talked to before. I explained him that theres a prius out there that looked for sale. We took a walk out to it, he took the stock number down and checked the computer and IT WAS AVAILBLE!! I almost fainted! He explained to me that Toyota sends them 12-13 prius's a month. They take one of those and put it on the lot each month and the other 11-12 go to the people on the waiting list. They said the one they put on the lot is usually snatched up within a day or two. I was overyjoyed. My parents put a 500 dollar deposit on it and we told him we would be back wednesday (today) or thursday to do the paperwork. I was grinning ear to ear the rest of the day. Of course my parents explained to me that this would be my 17th and 18th birthday present along with my graduation present.

So I guess for all of you that is still looking for a prius, try and find out when toyota gets there shipment in and go there the next day and they just might have a prius on the lot!

P.S the Prius is package 2 with VSC and the Backup camera. And sorry for making this sooo long, I just wanted to share my story.

Regards.

2. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A