1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How in the world do i save my seat position?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Z ain, Oct 2, 2023.

1. Z ain

Z ain New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I've read the manual - its very clear. Press and hold set and the press 1 or 2 to save. Literally the only car ive ever driven that i can't figure this out on.. Everytime i try this i will hear it beep. if i move the seat and press 1 or 2. it doesn't move. it just beeps anytime i make an adjustment to the seat. whats up with this?

also i have a follow up question... Is this supposed to save the mirror positions as well?

2. CornerCarver

CornerCarver New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    The car also has to be powered up and in Park, but i've had trouble with this too with my wife's new Venza. And my understanding is that mirror positions are NOT saved, seems to be a Toyota thing across the models, go figure.

3. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I think someone else here had a similar problem a couple months ago. You may need to reset the seat calibration. Pretty simple. I think the car needs to be in Standby or Ready, and I don't remember if the door being open or closed matters. All you do is take every control to both ends. Move the seat all the way forward, then all the way back. All the way up, all the way down. Lumbar out, lumbar in. I think it's a total of 8 or 10 different directions including lumbar. You should be able to find a video showing it on YouTube from some Toyota dealers. I think it's also in the manual.

Once you've fully recalibrated the seat, the memory function should start working.

Z ain likes this.
  4. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Here's a video illustrating the procedure.

Chimera1978 and Z ain like this.
  5. GREEN BAE

GREEN BAE Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Do what I do, don't let anyone else drive!

Beach Dweller and HacksawMark like this.