1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How Is Your EV Button Wired?

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by kenmce, Jun 16, 2004.

1. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Can one of you intrepid Prius Classic owners tell me how many wires does your EV button have and where do they go? In the US there is just a blank cover where the button should go and I would like to fix this.

¿Puede uno de usted los dueños clásicos intrépidos de Prius decir me cuántos alambres hacen su botón de EV tener y donde va? En los E.E.U.U. hay justo una cubierta en blanco donde el botón debe ir y quisiera fijar esto.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    AFAIK there is no mod for an EV button on the Classic Prius. If you really mean the '04 Prius then look in the Files section or Knowledge Base for the article on exactly how the install is done.

3. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I had the impression that the EV button was standard on prius classics sold abroad, but that for reasons unknown Toyota removed the button and associated wiring from vehicles made for the north american market, leaving us with nothing but a cover plate where the switch should go.

If this is correct, then there should be lots of Pri classics out there with the EV button, but essentially none of them should be in the US. My hope in posting this message was to locate a non-USAn Pri classic owner and find out how their button is wired.

There seem to be a number of carry-overs between the different Pri's. For example, they are all ready for cruise control and the nav system, even if it's not installed.

If the EV button is a standard feature everywhere else then perhaps it is an easy mod to put it back in a US model - if you know what to do. Toyota even has a special switch for the function, which implies that it is common and normal, although not here.

Somebody, somewhere, figured out that it is possible to add an EV button to the '04. What they did was bring out an existing feature that is designed into the car. If I can find out what they did perhaps I can be the first to restore this function on a north american '01 model Pri.

4. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    The EV button is new on the 2004 Prius. The classic never had it in any country.