1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How long did you wait for your Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by FishHawk, Jun 14, 2006.

1. FishHawk

FishHawk New Member

I'm going on my 4th week and was told that I would have my car in 4 to 6 weeks. So how long did you have to wait? FishHawk

2. ServoScanMan

ServoScanMan Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No wait at all. Went to the local Toyota Dealer and one just hit the parking lot. After the test drive, there were 8 more people lined up to test drive it. I took it home and brought them a check the next day.

3. abas

abas New Member

I waited for Five Months. Small dealer and was in no hurry.

4. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Bought mine last September, the normal waiting list here was 3 or 4 months. I just walked in to a dealer at the right time and they had one that had just come in, whoever ordered it didn't want it so they put me on top of the list because I was standing there with money in my pocket and no trade in. It wasn't the color I wanted but it was the right package. Some other people who came in after I did said they would buy it if I didn't.

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    6 months 9 days

6. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I waited approximately 4 months to the day. I could have purchased it earlier but I wanted to get the 2006 tax credit. I got the Prius on January 2, 2006 but it was held for me by the dealer for about 2 weeks as it arrived around December 17, 2005. I placed my downpayment just before Katrina hit and because of that I was able to negotiate a MSRP minus $1000 price tag. I doubt I could do that now.

Cheers

7. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FishHawk @ Jun 14 2006, 03:26 PM) [snapback]271282[/snapback]</div>
    2 days. :)

Went to a dealer specifying exactly what package and color I was looking for and they just so happened to have a demo car matching that exact profile with 6K km on it. Negotiated a few $K off, and 48 hours later I was driving her home.

Works out ideal for me, as I always I have always bought used because I hate paying the "new car premium". B)

- Kevin

8. Prizzle

Prizzle New Member

One hour. My wife saw it on the lot, thought it was cute and decided her Aviator was over the top. Original buyer had just walked away from the deal so we drove it, made a deal on the Aviator and the rest is history.

9. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    5.5 months. I was in no hurry and it gave me extra time to save up more $ for the downpayment.

I ordered my car in August 2005, and got a call a month later saying that it had arrived. I had forgotten to tell the dealer I wanted to go ahead and wait for a 2006 model instead of the 2005 I had ordered, and I wanted to take delivery of it on Jan 1, 2006+ in order to qualify for the new tax credit.

During October and December of 2005, my dealer had a 2006 Black Pkg 8 w/bisque leather interior arrive on the lot and called me both times to see if I was interested. I opted to continue waiting for a January+ delivery and my car arrived on Feb 3, 2006 while I was on vacation so I picked it up a few days later when I returned home.

Well worth the wait, and I got exactly the car I wanted. I wouldn't have settled for anything less. :)

10. tanteb & rgrpick

tanteb & rgrpick New Member

We waited 24 days after placing our order, 10 months after first deciding we would get one.

11. AvgJoe

AvgJoe New Member

6 or 7 weeks, long enough to let me save a little more for down payment...

12. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Put in my deposit on May 26. I was told 4-6 weeks. I'll let you know.

13. tomdeimos

tomdeimos New Member

Waited 10 months.

14. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Hard to say, I suppose from September 2004 to April 2005 (7 months). But I didn't get it from the place I put my name down (no deposit). I got calls from them in January and February 2005, but none was the model I wanted. In April 2005 I went on the Net and had one waiting for me in about 15 minutes.

15. Kathleen2

Kathleen2 New Member

I always love this thread for some reason. Perhaps I just telling everyone we are a true Prius family. My eldest had to wait 6 months for his 04. My youngest, after working the internet for a few weeks; found one and bought his 05 that day.
    I put $50.00 down the day after Thanksgiving and picked my 06 up on December 1st (7 days). I'm the only one to have done any modifications to my Prius. I'm also getting better gas mileage than my two sons.
    Kathleen

16. rebbi

rebbi New Member

Still waiting for mine. It's supposed to be in one of my dealer's next two monthly shipments. At that point, it'll have been approximately a year. (Got my name on the waiting list last July.) These things are in such short supply here in Austin that the dealer doesn't even require a deposit! :lol:

Steve

17. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    about two hours from the time we settled on a price until they finished 'prepping' the car. This was a week after I started 'shopping' on the internet, 6 days after my first test drive of a Prius and a lot of other cars that immediatly went to the bottom of the list. I need a car right away - my old one was totalled - and I had heard that you just couldn't get a Prius without waiting for a long time, but calling around to local dealers turned up multiple acceptable choices. I got a white package 5; 12 hours later I was offered a red package 6 for a reasonable price and a driftwood pearl package 4 for more than I paid for the white package 5. There ARE prii available if you're flexible about color and package and perhaps willing to fly to another city to get one quickly. I think I was extra-lucky because this was right before the magnetic gray color was going to be available, so I think several people whose cars came in opted to wait just a bit longer for the magnetic gray.

18. HokieHybrid

HokieHybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    18 hours. Called and got a price, drove over the next day and took it home.

Ok so if you count the time I wanted to buy it...and could realistically afford it...a year.

19. s.e.tx_parrothead

s.e.tx_parrothead New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Went to the local dealership on Feb 27 and put down $100 deposit and was told May or June. Well June is here and I am still waiting. I am the first on their "list" and the next black pkg 8 is mine. I gave them really specific details of what i wanted, but now I backed down on a few so hopefully that will help speed things up. I have my Jeep sold, but since it is to family I don't have to be out a car. I was really hoping to have the car by the time we went on vacation.

20. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Seven months - early March to late October. $500 check held in file by dealer. I read Priuschat and learned much before the vehicle arrived, including having a "Delivery Inspection Checklist."