1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How Long For Delivery?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by arfybarfy, Oct 24, 2006.

1. arfybarfy

arfybarfy New Member

Thinking of buying but wondering how long typical delivery times are. I live in the pacific NW but would appreciate any responses.

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    It really varies by dealer and what you want, unfortunately. Some dealers may have one or two on the lot others may have a 3-month waiting list. The best bet is to go to www.toyota.com, put in your zipcode, and figure out what you want on the car. then you can find dealers through the website, give them a call/visit them, and see what they say. the best advice is to visit 3 or 4 until you find someone who can get you what you want when you want it.

3. Prius The First

Prius The First New Member

We were quoted about 4 months in Denver to get the one we want. I did get a call two weeks later with the news that 3 were available in colors - Silver and Gray - that were not our choice. Told dealer we can wait for the color / option package we wanted.

4. hb06

hb06 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prius The First @ Oct 24 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]337436[/snapback]</div>
    Try hybrid price pulse site. Fill in you zip and gives info on dealers and wait times:

http://www.hybridcars.com/pricepulse/

5. Ari

Ari New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You could just call the dealers in your area and see what they have. The last three Toyota dealers I have visited in San Diego have had at least one Prius in the parking lot (they might have been spoken for, but probably not since the sticker was still in the window.)

6. narf

narf Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I just closed a deal for a new Touring package 5 at Stevenson in Denver, and delivery should take about a week. They had 2 package 5 tourings available in transit, and I took one. (Second choice color, Magnetic Grey).
    So,it all depends on what the dealer has in the pipeline and what packages you are looking for.

7. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I echo what others have said -- find the dealer that has (or is getting) the car that you want. Don't wait for "your" dealer to get the car for you.

After waiting a week for my dealer to try to "trade" with another dealer (I should have put try in quotes, too) I took matters into my own hands and tracked down a dealer that was receiving the color/pkg. I wanted, and signed the paperwork that day (fortunately was just a 40 min. drive out of town).

Car came in the following week, and I picked it up 1 week from giving up on my local dealer. The local salesman wasn't happy when I called him to tell him I was coming back to get my deposit check back. Maybe he learned something. Then again, maybe not.

Lastly, there is no typical wait time. All depends on demand & supply in your area. Just don't pay more than MSRP.

Good luck.

8. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ari @ Oct 24 2006, 03:14 PM) [snapback]337636[/snapback]</div>

Calling all dealers within a maximum distance is the right approach. I knew the possible colors and package I wanted (either Seaside Pearl or Driftwood Pearl, and Package #6 and this was in mid-August of 2005). The dealers in my area wouldn't be able to get what I wanted within a month. I started calling around, with the idea I'd go up to 300 miles, and lucked out. A dealer 90 miles away had a shipment coming in, and said they do enough business with Toyota that they could adjust the request from what was on order. Within 3 days I had the Driftwood Pearl Package 6 I wanted. The same package would have cost about $500 more from the dealers in my area. I got it at list price.

Dave M.

9. brucem5755

brucem5755 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dmckinstry @ Oct 24 2006, 07:31 PM) [snapback]337672[/snapback]</div>

Same here. My local dealers could not trade for any prius.

I called around - found some bad deals first (mandatory worthless options) that I passed on, then found a dealer with an available car. The best part is that they did not play games or force options on me. Holly Hart from Toyta on Western in Chicago IL.

Work the phone until you find what you want.

You will be suprised how many you can come across this way.

10. sleeplessmama

sleeplessmama New Member

In SF bay area here - we were on a wait list but as Sep 30 approached, I sent out a mass email to every dealer within 200 mi. We wanted a package 6 but were flexible (somewhat) on color and we got two responses that same day (and probably 4-5 more within a few weeks time). All were for MSRP so we went for the closest dealership of the two and got the car a week later.

11. Prius The First

Prius The First New Member

I guess it all depends on how badly you want one. How quickly you want one, and how flexable you are with the options you need.

I just want to be the first on my block with one. So far, so good.

12. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    And always remember, you don't have to go back to the dealer you bought the car from if you don't want to. servicing and warrenty work can be done at ANY toyota dealer. So if you have to go out of your way to get the car you want, it's fine, cause you just have to do it once - then take the nice, new car over to the dealer near you for service and say "too bad you couldn't get the commision on this car...." :lol: