1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How long is my free XM going to last anyway?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by forty2, Sep 13, 2010.

1. forty2

forty2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well, it's officially been 6 months since I bought my car and the 3 months of free XM is still going strong, not that I care. I've never listened to it for more than a minute at a time and I find the limited traffic to be quite inaccurate(my phone does a much better job) so I really couldn't care less when it goes. Just curious how long it's going to hang around. Any thoughts?

2. chuckc192000

chuckc192000 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you only leave it on for a few minutes at a time, it keeps missing the code to deactivate your radio that is sent periodically over the XM satellites. Leave it on for a while and all the channels will go away except for a few promo channels.

3. Much More Better

Much More Better Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not true. I took delivery Feb 1 and my XM is still going. There. I said it. Now I'm gonna lose my XM :(

4. Joe166

Joe166 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    V
    I don't think it works that way. My wife got XM on her Lexus but didn't like it so she never used it, not even for a minute. I noticed that it was still working almost a year later but I only turned it on for a minute by mistake, then I turned it off until another year had gone by, and I assumed it was still going to be working and it didn't have anything but the promo channel.

5. priustexasbob

priustexasbob Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I get 6 months on mine I just bought, it was on the window sticker.

6. chuckc192000

chuckc192000 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It works like I said, but there's a secondary mechanism where they periodically expire all the codes they're using and send out new ones. If a radio hasn't been activated and it's been turned off for a long time, it will not have the latest codes.