1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How long is the delivery wait these days?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mywhitenoise, May 20, 2006.

1. mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I live in the Sacramento area (Elk Grove). I haven't noticed a lot of Prius drivers out here, but I keep reading that delivery wait usually takes months for consumers. Are the black (basic package) Prii in high demand? And how much over do they usually charge over the MSRP?

Thanks in advance. Hopefully i'll be a proud owner by the end of the year.

2. janrn

janrn New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I live in Sacramento too..got my Prius off the lot in December at Elk Grove Toyota- have you checked with them? We got it for MSRP. If you get one there, be sure to decline on the warranty- they charge $2500 for the warranty you can get on this site for $990.00. I've noticed more and more prii in this area recently.
    Good luck!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mywhitenoise @ May 20 2006, 01:47 PM) [snapback]258561[/snapback]</div>

3. Subversive

Subversive New Member

Depends where you go. Go to a very large Prius dealer who sells several every couple of weeks, and you might get just what you want in just a week or two (or it might even be on the lot), and for at or even a little below MSRP. Go to a tiny local dealer who only sells only one or two every month or even longer, and you may have to wait months to get whatever is available regardless of your choice and for possibly as much as thousands above MSRP (especially in parts of California). I am probably exaggerating considerably, but if you can't find exactly what you want imminently available for the right price at wherever your local guy is, my advice is to consider finding a larger dealership, even if you have to go for a bit of a drive (the new Prius will make it fun, and the local guy will still provide the warranty service).

4. mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(janrn @ May 20 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]258630[/snapback]</div>

Ah! Thanks a lot for the heads up!
    I called around today. At Elk Grove Toyota, there's out of the black, but they do have a few Prii on the lot.