1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How make a DashMat conform to the Prius dashboard (2013)?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by qdllc, Jul 9, 2015.

1. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I got a DashMat for my 2013 Prius Two when I got the car. It fits great with one shortcoming...the odd curvatures near the MFD. I used two small bits of Velcro (provided) to make the mat conform to the curves in the dash, and it's worked so far, but the heat of this summer (and time, I suppose) has caused the Velcro to become "unstuck."

Normally, the DashMat keeps it's place, but once those two spots give way, the front starts to slide down, and that can cause the rest to shift in time.

Nothing on the Google machine so far, but has anyone found a good way to impose a permanent "curve" into the DashMat itself so that it will naturally conform to the dashboard's odd shape regardless of if you use Velcro strips?

2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    I used an electric heat gun at low setting trying to help conform the carpeting material ( from the back side) and it did help a lot but not perfect. This was made 7 years ago.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I would try that non-slide carpet padding. The piece on my dash keeps the GPS beanbag mount & the ScanGauge in place. The down side is that it melts so it is now permanently affixed to the dash.