1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How many 04 Prii in your area

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by penpendisarapen, Feb 3, 2004.

1. penpendisarapen

penpendisarapen New Member

For a relatively small city, there seem to be a good number of Prii in Pacifica, CA. I've seen 3 others so far within a 3-mile radius from my home. And all different colors too. A Driftwood Pearl lives less than a mile away, saw a Tideland Pearl in church a mile away, and saw a Millennium Silver about 3 miles away. My Seaside Pearl is the fourth.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know that there were two sold before I got mine from my dealer, and they had at least two more on the lot waiting for their buyers to pick them up. I know of another doctor at my hospital that picked his up just before Christmas and I've seen his black '04 parked at the hospital, but that's the only one I've ever seen 'in the wild'. I'm guessing there are others, and maybe I just don't get out enough, but they're a rare breed around these parts.

3. starla30

starla30 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have yet to see a '04 in MA or RI though I saw a classic recently in a Hadley, MA Stop and Shop parking lot. made me happy. I hadn't seen a classic yet. The only 04 i've seen is at the dealer.

4. cybele

cybele New Member

I saw two today - a Salsa from Toyota of Glendale in front of Cafe Tropical on Sunset Blvd. in Silverlake on my way to work.

The second I see every day. It's a Tideland with those tiny accent stripes on it from Toyota of North Hollywood.

There are two others that park in the garage here at work, but I don't always see them - a Salsa from Toyota of Hollywood and a Silver from Manhattan Beach.

There was a Silver parked at a neighbor's a few weeks ago (I live on a small, circle street, so there aren't that many people on my street). I've seen all colors now. I think the black looks pretty sassy, but I wouldn't want to have it in the summertime. I like the blue, too, and I've only seen one of those in the wild so far.

My biggest complaint at the moment though, is that I can now get into stealth in parking lots, but that means that pedestrians are always in my way! They can't hear me creeping along behind them as they walk down the middle of the aisles. (Really, they shouldn't be walking in the middle, should they?)

5. terkar

terkar New Member

I picked up my Salsa Red on 15 Dec - it was the first in my area. Now the dealer has released 3 trac vehicles but I have only seen the blue one in the wild. :D

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's the best part for me!!! I love the look on their face when the DO finally realize I'm there. I'm a little evil and sick though! 8)

7. sibtrag

sibtrag Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Of course they should be. That's the only way to get any out of the way when someone backs out without any warning (especially in a stealthy car). I'd rather trust someone driving down the aisle to see me than someone just backing out.

Of course, here in New York State, parking lots & roads are so full of salt and sand that we can hear a bicycle coasting.

8. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There's only one in Seattle; they keep repainting it and moving it around.
    Bob

9. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, Bob, that got a laugh out of me...carry on.

:lol:

10. RobertO

RobertO New Member

Michael's Toyota, Bellevue WA has delivered about 30 so far.

Michael's is argueably the #1 dealer in Washington State. I go there and pester them because they are 1.6 miles from my house.

So far, I always know more than they do; they are still grappling with the recall - claim they have not received documentation from Toyota, yet and are stunned when I tell them what I know due to participation in priuscha.com! Not because I'm So-o-o-o-o Smart, just because of priuschat.

I bought mine at Toyota of Tacoma - about 48 miles south on I5. I know for certain that mine was one of the first they delivered (#...0739).

Also; I saw the stack of manila Backorder folders at Michael's sales desk for Prii on order. Approximately 100 folders, give or take a few.

I should have seen Bob Allen's or Clever Cathy's by now. They both live nearby.

Bob

Driftwood Pearl AM-7, about 4,400 miles to date. Lifetime in the Very Low 40's, alas.

11. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    response to RobertO

Hi Robert O: You said you thought you should have seen Bob Allen's or Clever Cathy because they live so close. Seen our what? Our Prii?? or just our order folders? I ordered mine through Magic Toyota in Edmonds.
    Bob
    p.s. I feel like I'm on call...waiting for that magic phone call. I missed a Salsa Red Prius by half an hour because my carfinder and I hadn't worked out a plan for her to jump on the first one that shows up.

12. RobertO

RobertO New Member

I saw it in a vision, Capitaine...

...it was, well, beautiful!

And it was yours! All yours!!!

Bob Shaw

13. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Re: I saw it in a vision, Capitaine...

Did your vision include a delivery date?

14. Wildman

Wildman New Member

Here on Whidbey Island (80 miles north of Seattle) I know of a couple of older models and was surprised to see a black 2004 one. During the winter up here, all cars look ugly. The new Prius fit right in. Nearest Toyota dealer is about 40 miles away. Total population of the island is about 50,000 over a 41 mile long island.

15. olends

olends New Member

i have only seen 3 in person in my area and they are weeks apart. they are all silver (my girlfriend saw a blue one). but i'm beginning to think no likes prius here in the snow dump of the albany, NY area. i like them, i just cant afford them. i have negitive money just about enough to buy a negitive prius.

16. jsorger

jsorger New Member

At least 12 here in Berkeley. I was among the first and must have been approached 100+ times by folks in the last 3 months asking me about it.

But it's Berkeley.

17. tag

tag Senior Member

Aggravating! They can hear me and, yet, they still don't move. Good argument for that "honk-once-then-floor-it" law.

18. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    There's photos of 5 new (Silver, White, Driftwood) and 1 classic (Blue Moon) all together at last Saturday's gathering on my website.

A sixth (Seaside) actually attended a little later, but after the photo session. I also saw one (Tideland) this morning. And I know of another (Salsa) stealthing around the area.

19. DaveLev

DaveLev New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I see close to 30 parked when I drive around Manhattan Beach, CA on a weekend.

I see 10+ daily on my commute - they are usually behind me in the carpool lane :)

20. janetjanetbobanet

janetjanetbobanet Junior Member

Let me put it this way. Here in Kansas I commonly hear things like, "Look, Mabel, it's one 'a them hybrids!"
    So I don't see very many. When I got a windshield ding repaired recently, the guys working on it didn't know I could hear them talking about "this wierd little car that has a gearshift right in the middle of the dash and the knob doesn't even stay put when you switch gears." Scary, isn't it?