1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How many Canadian Prius owners got the SABB-403-1A recall?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Frank Hudon, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

this is the SSC40D recall in the states and it just arrived in the mail today. Not to bad for Toyota Canada, late May in the US and mid September in Canada, that's quite amazing they did it that fast. Anyone else get it and anybody get it done yet?? Good dealers bad dealers for problems like they had initially in the US.

2. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hey Frank,

My notice showed-up in the mail today. I was at the dealership yesterday getting the oilchange/tire rotation done and they mentioned it. They said that it would probably take 90 minutes (absolute minimum), and that they had only done one car so far (at least I'm not the first)

Made an appointment for mid-October to get mine done.

Dave.

3. Frank Hudon

Thanks Dave, the wify was going to call Langley Toyota and see how many that Darren had done. I figure at about a dozen and she'll take it in and get it done. The other thing I was thinking about is to call Andrew Grant and see if he's had his taxi done yet and who did it. I know he was dealing with Granville Toyota as they had a really good Prius tech. Will keep you informed. Oh how did you make out with the Guess guage recall. Any luck with your dealer in Maple Ridge?

4. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ya, they hadn't even seen it yet :)

They made a photocopy of the US service bulletin to show their techs. I suspect that Toyota Canada is lagging about 6 months behind the US in terms of getting info to dealers.

Ah well, the gauge isn't a major concern for me - I'll get it done when it's available, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

5. Smooth Operator

Re: How many Canadian Prius owners got the SABB-403-1A recal

I received my notice this week. I probably won't get it in to WestCoast Toyota until November. I'm hoping they make their mistakes on Dave G's Prius before I get mine in. :)

6. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Lol, naw :)

They've already done one before I asked about mine so it should be safe :)

Apparently about the only thing that can commonly go wrong during the upgrade is if someone tries to power-up the car when it's being programmed (bad!), which basically means they need to order a new computer for the car and a few extra days wait.

Dave.

7. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Just a quick update that I got mine done today and the whole process was uneventful. Took about 90 minutes.

Dave.

8. Frank Hudon

good news! thanks Dave Maybe she should take her's there. Maybe I'll wait till Smooth gets his done, if they don't botch it then maybe it's safe to take hers in.