1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How many mechanics does it take to park a Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tideland Prius, May 19, 2006.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So I went to check my tyre pressures this morning and found that my rear left tyre was at 26 PSI :blink: I figured I must have a nail somewhere and sure enough, I found one lodged in the tread block (unusual since our past nail experiences have all been in the tread...umm... "trenches" or "sips" rather than on the block itself).

anyway, so I take it to Canadian Tire to have it fixed. I figured I'll turn off SKS so it'll be easier to figure out how to operate it. It's unlikely they ever drove a Prius anyway. There were 3 mechanics on duty today and a rather slow day so the service was rather quick. I saw them start the car (no brake pedal issues there) and the driver decided to take the long route around the lot to the service bay lol. I didn't mind since the parking lot was really small. I walked towards the entrance just to watch him position the car, you know, just to make sure they're doing things properly.

Here's the funny part. I saw them drive the car in and position it but he couldn't figure out how to put the transmission into Park! I saw the reverse lights come on several times and the other mechanics were sticking their head through the window trying to figure it out. I just yelled to them to "press park" and they finally saw the Park button haha. They then joked about how they'd have to turn it off, unplug it lol. He asked how big the manual for the car is. I told them 3 volumes. What... one for drive, one for reverse and one for park?

Must've been a really really slow day!

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    :lol:

never leave home without the valet instruction cards!

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've said this before: I don't trust people to understand the valet card. The human brain, when confronted with something entirely outside its experience, invents "plausible" interpretations. That's why optical illusions work. A sufficiently imaginative person may understand the valet card. But your normal everyday man on the street (or Prius-illiterate mechanic) will look at it and see nothing.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In canada, we don't get valet cards. We just have this large greenish plastic "Quick Start" piece that tells you how to start/stop a Prius. Should've left that on the seat lol.

5. Lola'05

Lola'05 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ May 19 2006, 08:28 PM) [snapback]258353[/snapback]</div>

Where do you get those cards?

6. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lola'05 @ May 20 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]258484[/snapback]</div>
    A little pad of them came with my 2006.