1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How many Prius chatters does it take to change a light bulb?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Rae Vynn, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
    14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
    1 to move it to the Lighting section after 2 have argued to move it to the Electricals section
    7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
    5 to flame the spell checkers
    6 to argue over whether it’s “lightbulb†or “light bulb†… another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
    2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is “lampâ€
    15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that “light bulb†is perfectly correct
    19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
    11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
    36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what supermarkets are offering discounts on brands of light bulbs, and what customer service they expect in a lightbulb shop
    4 to say that they’ve been disappointed in Lightbulb Live for the last 4 years
    12 to ask why those 4 keep going to Lightbulb Live only to complain about it
    1 to break the news about the new limited release light bulb
    1 to post that the news was already broken in another thread and start a poll about reading entire threads
    12 to post that they shouldn’t mention limited releases because someone might buy them to resell
    1 to insist he has every right to buy and sell lightbulbs
    1 to obsessively insist that no-one should make profit from lightbulbs on this forum
    5 to post that they’ve collected 11 of the limited edition lightbulbs already so might as well get the whole set.
    32 to not bother posting because there’s no post count showing anymore
    8 to say that their electric company sent them 4 free lightbulbs, when quite clearly they would have preferred the moon on a stick.
    6 to post thinly veiled criticisms of forum staff’s management of lightbulbs
    15 to post that forum staff can do exactly as they want with their own lightbulbs
    6 to pretend they were just asking innocent questions about lightbulb management and didn’t do anything wrong
    1 to ask that forum staff backup all mention of lightbulbs so they can write a book about their really interesting life with lightbulbs
    11 to reply that it’s not a personal lightbulb anecdote storage facility
    7 to post URL’s where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    4 to post that the URL’s were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL’s
    13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including pictures, and add “Me tooâ€
    5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
    4 to say “didn’t we go through this already a short time ago?â€
    13 to say “do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbsâ€
    1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

5 people like this.
  2. ahmeow

ahmeow Prius Lover

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three

You are wonderful Rae.:cheer2:

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    LOL.

But you forgot about the two posts that claim that the bulb burned-out because of religion and then six posts about how the two anti-religious posts are all wrong and then the final post from the moderator locking the thread.

1 person likes this.
  4. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ...and 6 snotty posts from environmentalists stating that: "If you would just install tubular skylighting, you wouldn't need the *@&%!! light bulbs in the first place!"

...and 6 more to argue and debate whether it's skylighting, or sky lighting.

1 person likes this.
  5. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    :) I needed a good laugh! Thank you.

By the way, light bulbs have been outlawed.

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My electric utility actually did give me four free (CFL) light bulbs. I'd rather have four free light bulbs than the moon on a stick. The moon is very heavy and the stick would probably break and the moon would cause too much damage. I'd rather have a girlfriend than four free light bulbs, but the electric utility was not giving away girlfriends. I drove my electric car to the electric utility's office to pick up the bulbs, so I didn't use any gasoline for the errand.

2 people like this.
  7. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    1 person likes this.
  8. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't even get Darelldd started on the proper type of LED and how it's superior to CFLs.

9. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Only in Europe and maybe Australia. We can still buy incandescents of pretty much any size here, but most people are switching over on their own anyway. But soon we're going to need to take this to the political forum :)

10. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    When light bulbs are outlawed, only outlaws will have light bulbs.

2 people like this.
  11. Feri

Feri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    How many social workers are needed to change a light bulb? None because social workers don't change anything.

So prius owners are a long way ahead of social workers.

12. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Has anyone posted anything about sheep yet? :madgrin:

1 person likes this.
  13. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Darn it, you beat me to it by an hour. I was going to post the following:

"...and one to list the perverted things you could do with a sheep and a light bulb."

Tom

2 people like this.