1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How many times do you press the LOCK icon...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mystery Squid, Oct 21, 2005.

?
  1. Once

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Twice or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Now, I find myself doing this a lot. I'll push it once, see the lights flash, but for whatever reason, I might hit that LOCK icon a couple of more times. Am I the only one that does this? :unsure:

2. Mystery Squid

WHOA, something went WAAAAY wrong here... there were only supposed to be two options: once, twice or more! Someone else's poll options are displayed!

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    car beeps at me, i'm satisfied.

but that's just me...

4. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    um... the poll doesn't match this thread....

5. JMcPhee

JMcPhee New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    LOL :p

My parents gave me a hand-me-down key fob that locks the car on it's own so I can't drive drunk, but that wasn't in the poll..... :lol:

6. rogerSC

rogerSC Member

Hmmmm...there was a data base problem here earlier today.

-Roger

7. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If you have SKS, instead of pushing the lock button multiple times, why not pull on the handle. The system is actually smart enough to let you test that the door is locked. If you put your hand on the door handle within a few seconds, the SKS system will not unlock the door, thereby allowing you to verify that the door is actually locked. However, if you are obsessive compulsive, the system will unlock the door if you try it a second time.

8. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

I have SKS and still hit the lock feature no less than 5 times. I make my husband hit the button on his fob too just to be on the safe side. Then, once I'm up in my apartment I look out the window or go out on my patio and hit the button on the fob a few more times. I'm button happy & obsessive compulsive, but mostly I just love my car and don't want anyone to steal it.

:)

9. rogerSC

rogerSC Member

I also have the SKS, and just press the black button when I get out once. If it beeps and flashes me, then I'm fine. If it doesn't, then I press it again. I take the beep and flash as acknowledgement that everything is locked.

I had thought that if I pulled on the handle to check that it was locked that it might unlock. So after I did that I'd have to push the black button again (and test it again, and so on), so it might take me some time to get away from my car.

-Roger

10. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Lock icon? What Lock icon? Where? Oh on that thingie in my pocket. It just stays in my pocket. I have to admit I have pushed the lock button on the door twice when I could not hear the beep.

11. Mystery Squid

You just described my habit!

Hey, wait a minute, why don't I get a beep noise????
    :unsure:

12. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

It's a faint beep. I'm sure it's there. :)

13. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The only time I use the lock icon on the fob, is when I am about 10 feet away, and after having been distracted or just pondering something, forgot if I hit the black button and saw the lights blink. At that point, too lazy to go back and hit the black button.

Though I do admit, if I use the Fob , I sometimes hit it multiple times- just to check the lights. :rolleyes: B)

14. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am wondering why people with the sks use the fob to lock doors. Never taking the fob out of my pocket is much more convenient for me; seems like you are losing half of the sks funtionality when you do not use the door handle button to lock the car.

15. Rattiemama

Rattiemama New Member

When I use the key fob (which isn't often since I have SKS) it's usually becasue I was distracted and can't remember if I locked the car, or I am traveling with someone else and want the car to be unlocked when the person arrives at the door, even if they are walking ahead of me. When I do use the key fob to lock the doors or unlock them, I always hit it twice. Once to do the job, and once to be sure. That satisfies my obsessive compulsive side just fine.

Then again I'm a shoot twice kind of girl. Think of all those movies where someone gets shot, and everyone thinks they're dead, but it turns out they were really just passed out, and they live just long enough to get one lucky shot off with their final breath . . . yeah, that never happens if you shoot the person in the head to make sure.

Shoot twice, lock twice, never be sorry. ;)

16. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    I'm with hschuck on this one!

I don't think I have pressed the lock button on the FOB five times since I've OWNED the car.

The keys stay in my pocket from the moment I grab them in the morning, until they get tossed in the coin cup on the microwave when I return home. The little black button is all I need.

17. Mystery Squid

[​IMG]

18. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yes, they gave me a late-model used one in good condition.

19. Rattiemama

Rattiemama New Member

20. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

I don't have a problem with all the smart key stuff when leaving the car - and never, ever use the fob for anything. Sometimes, I'll get in the car in the garage before realizing the keys are still on the dining room table.

Anyway - where I have the problem is getting into the car when at the store, or mall or something.

I grew up with dad's '64 Galaxie 500 and mom's '70 Caprice Classic, and of course, my old '78 Thunderbird with the doorhandles that had buttons. My wife harrasses me evertime I try to get into the car by pushing the lock button on the door and pulling at the same time. :p

Anybody else do this?