1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how much better is the Touring Suspension

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Spylake, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Spylake

Spylake New Member

I'm new here and will be buying a Prius probably within two hours.

I am close to numbers with the #2 package and the difference between the base and touring model is about $1100.

I'm sure this has been covered a thousand times and I'd go looking if I had more time but can someone give me the consensus view whether the Touring Suspension is zero improvement, a modest improvement or a dramatic improvement.

thanks

2. PriusOwner004

PriusOwner004 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spylake @ Oct 1 2007, 05:09 PM) [snapback]520010[/snapback]</div>

Touring's suspension is a lot better, you also get a bigger spoiler, two million times better tires. And I might be missing some other benefits.

Then again, if you can work on cars, you can get those improvements (minus the spoiler) yourself for less. A few people on this forum have done that. I chose to get the Touring and I'm very happy with it. I test drove both and the Touring won my heart hands down.

3. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I own an 04. I test drove an 07 Touring. Personally, I couldn't tell the difference. Others will swear that the Touring gives a better ride. If the dealer has both on the lot, test drive them both and judge for yourself.

4. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I have a touring and I would classify it as just short of dramatic. Handles much better than DH's 03 with 15" wheels IMHO.

5. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Touring is the way to go, no question about it. The 16-inch tires will wear better and you will like the handling/suspension setup over the standard model. Best advice is to drive both and decide which you like better. My vote - Touring

6. luckyboy

luckyboy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sliderule @ Oct 1 2007, 08:30 PM) [snapback]520092[/snapback]</div>
    Comparing new 2007 standard to new 2007 touring I did not notice too much of a difference during a test-drive (both are a lot better than 1st generation prius). I stuck with the 15" as the tires are usually a lto cheaper to replace and even though the MSRP difference is only $1100, I found dealers would discount the standard packages a lot more than the touring.