1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How Much Did You Pay For This Repair?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by sandywaters, Apr 13, 2016.

1. sandywaters

sandywaters New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have to get a new A/C Compressor on my 2006 Gen 2 Prius. I have 199k miles and also need a Catalytic Converter in my future. I was wondering what you guys have paid for these repairs and if you had other work like a receiver/dryer done w/ the Compressor or any other related work that needed to be done? Did you do your work at the Dealership or another Mechanic. I have a Dealership I go to for everything, they always price match so far. So, just wondering what to expect for repairs around 200k that I haven't thought of. thx.

Oh, by the way, I already have a new traction battery, replaced under warranty at 169,300.

2. stockdaddy

stockdaddy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Be a lot cheaper if you put in used parts and then just paying hourly labor rate. (Note Toyota dealership won't install used parts)

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if they replaced your battery under warranty, maybe they'll cover the a/c and cat as well.

4. johnjohnchu

johnjohnchu Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Got Catalytic converter pipe assembly, and two gaskets (one at each end) around $1500 from Longo Toyota which includes around 20% discount and Calif. tax. Paid $50 for an independent mechanic for installation. You may also need to replace the two sensors (oxygen, and air/fuel ratio) on the exhaust system.