1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How much did you pay for your Prius C? (isn't this a rude question or what?)

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by aviphysics, Sep 8, 2012.

1. aviphysics

aviphysics Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Given that there isn't any discussion of this yet I am guessing it is probably a rude topic (edit: well I guess there is a thread for the C4), so the faint of heart that paid MSRP might want to go somewhere else. (I would say to put prices in spoiler tags, but it doesn't look like these forums have that feature.) Could be very useful for those trying to find out what they should pay though. Sorry if this against forum rules or something.

-----------Instructions---------------------
    Please list your mode ( 1, 2, 3 or 4) and quote price including freight charges but not taxes. Do not include special rebates, like the grad student or military rebate, in the main price. Please include a little story if you see fit.

------------Example---------------------

I bought a Prius C4 for $22,700 - $1000 grad student rebate.

This required calling the internet fleet manager at every dealer in 150 miles. I got the dealer with the lowest price to send me an e-mail quote, with the argument that I didn't want to make the trip without a price in writing. I showed that price to my local dealer whom matched it and even traded to get the color I wanted.

2. DKTVAV

DKTVAV Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
  3. justalilbatty

justalilbatty Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Got my C3 8/13. Love it!!!
    -Moon Roof
    -Alloy Wheels
    -Paint Protection
    -Rear Bumper Protector
    -Carpet Mats & Cargo Mat
    $22,821.00 (includes shipping charges & Toyota Advertisement fee)
    Sticker $24369.00

Went through the Costco Auto program and test drove a Classic Silver C3, since it wasn't going to cost anymore to order the one I really wanted I went all out. The Summer Rain Metallic was a rarity in this area and took exactly 6 weeks to receive from my order date of 6/25. It was well worth the wait, plus going through the program I receive a $50 gift certificate for the dealership and have a cargo net on order.

4. islands0n

islands0n New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I haven't purchased yet but I'm researching the prices and trying to figure out when to buy. So far I have seen two dealerships in So Cal advertise a 2012 Prius C1, the base model for $17,544. Now considering the msrp for C1 on Toyota website is $18,950 that means there is at least $1,406 in negotiation room at every level above the C1. I'm not interested in a C1 by the way, but I figure if this is the rock bottom price on their base of all bases model then one should theoretically start negotiations at $1,406 below msrp for the C2, C3, or C4. Anyone have any luck getting over $1,406 off msrp for any Prius C?

5. justalilbatty

justalilbatty Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If you look at my sticker price above, that is MSRP. If it is a little more helpful for you, check out
    Welcome to Costco Auto Program
    . You don't have to be a member to preview the cars MSRP list vs Invoice price list. You just need to be a member in order for one of their affiliated dealerships to contact you. My deal was $250 over invoice, but of course they also throw in a Toyota advertising fee that they have to pay out to the company. Once you get an idea of what invoice price is, it will give you a little more bargaining power. I've seen posts of people negotiating $100 over invoice. Don't just check local dealerships either. If you can get a really good quote in writing you could use it to bargain locally.

6. aviphysics

aviphysics Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As I stated in the OP, I payed 22,700 for a Prius C4 with the moon roof package. MSRP, from Toyota's website is $24,875. So my price was $2175 under MSRP. They can do such a low price because Toyota refunds them a little money "for advertising" when they sell a car. They probably also get some benefits from Toyota just for selling lots of cars.

I wouldn't worry about sales very much. It seems like with enough phone calls, you can pretty much always get a good deal.

The trick seams to be to call the internet fleet manager at a dealership and just ask them what price they will give you (most will likely offer invoice. If they don't, just ask if they can match invoice). Then call the next guy and tell him what price the last guy gave you. Wash rinse and repeat until people stop giving you lower prices (Don't just go back and forth between two dealers though, they don't like that). When you find the lowest price, get them to e-mail it to you (I said I wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any hassle when I got there, as it was a pretty long trip). Once you have it in writing, call one of the dealers that is close or that you liked and see if they can match it.

If you are a recent college grad or in a graduate program (also a few other related options) you can get also get a $1000 rebate applied to the purchase by using Toyota's financing program.

Getting pre-aproved for a loan at a local credit union is also a good idea. Their interest rates tend to be the lowest (I got an offer for 1.9% APR). You can also take the opportunity to find out what your credit score is. This little bit of information will let the dealer tell you what kind of interest rates you can get with their financing, without having to run a credit check. The last thing you want is the dealer running your credit with a bunch of different companies. That alone can really hurt your credit score.

7. karenbot

karenbot New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all!

I just bought a 2013 prius c 3 on friday in Texas! It's so cute. Makes weird noises, but I like it. We got it for 21,400+ttl for 1.9% APR, plus a $800 discount on our extended warranty on top of them giving us an extra year(8 years) & 25k miles(100,000). I've never haggled before so I'm not sure if I did a good job or not.

I felt like buying towards the end of the week and the end of the month really helped us out. Make sure you ask for more and more and more. The least they can do is tell you no. We jokingly asked for these things and they just gave them to us.

Just remember that they're still making a lot of money off of all of us, no matter how much they take off. Don't feel bad about it, and definitely do not take their first offer. Walk away and think about it. They need you more than you need them.

I walked out of the first dealer I went to because they were too pushy. The dealer I bought my car from wasn't pushy at all. They were super nice about everything. I felt like it was worth not getting the best deal to not deal with pushy managers. Oh...also, we get free oil changes there for life!

I hope this helps =)

8. Nel

Nel Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    2013 PC3 just a month ago :)
    - moon glow white
    - moonroof
    - floor mats

$21700 pretax and prerebates

Galaxy Nexus ? 2

9. HotDogWater

HotDogWater Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    2013 PC3
    $21000 + $795 delivery
    Magnetic Grey, floor mats, rear bumper protector

10. KYBlue

KYBlue Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    2013 PC2
    $18,988 + $200 dealer fees (+ state tax of course) 0% TFS financing for 60months
    Blue Streak Metallic, floormats

11. twister

twister New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Baltimore, y'all.

3 July
    PC2, stock, habanero (Halloween came early this year)
    $18,681
    OTD $20,293

Seems to have all-weather floormats and cargo tray.

12. frank123hu

frank123hu New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I haven't seen any 0% financing on the prius c. Where did you buy from ?

13. KYBlue

KYBlue Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Midwest Superstore - Devin was my sales guy. Hutchinson, KS. I flew out and drove home. Local dealers insisted on 2.5% and over 1k more for the car.....

14. MaggieM11

MaggieM11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm in the process of ordering my Magnetic Gray 2013 PC4 with bumper protector and all weather cargo tray.

Sales price is $22,068
    OTD is $23,241
    MSRP is $24,626

15. Fluxuated

Fluxuated Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Loaded C - Technology Package

Toyota Employee Discount (Not sure I can post what that is, but I get it cheaper than the dealer)

16. Drdiesel

Drdiesel Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    2013 C-3 with a moon-roof, all carpet mats during the month of May. 23,500.00 OTD

17. 510bg

510bg Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Lol what's the point in posting a reply?

18. Whirldy

Whirldy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Yes. Paid $15k out the door(!) w/ a $2500.00 trade :D

19. crayola

crayola Junior Member

Yes I did. The C1 is the easiest to get below MSRP as most buyers opt for higher models like C2 or higher.

20. beb0p

beb0p Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    One
    What is the MSRP for a 2013 C1? I have seen it listed online anywhere from $18,950 to $20,100. That's a pretty big range. All the dealers in my area list the MSRP as $20,100. But anyway, I didn't pay attention to it, I just try to negotiate the best I can, and if I got a low price I call around to see if I can get it for even lower.

After researching for mover a month, yesterday I finally bought a C1 for $17,600 before tax/fees. I contacted every dealer within 100 miles and this is the best price I could get, from a dealer 70 miles away. With the quote in writing, I called around to see if I can get even lower, perhaps from a more local dealer, no dice. One told me they don't believe anyone would sell for that price and cautioned me to watch for hidden charges. Another flat out told me to hurry up and buy it before the deal is gone. Two other dealers kept in email contact with me, not trying to make a sale but just curious if the dealer is really going to let it go for $17,600. So judging from their reaction, I think it's safe to say it is the best price I can get in my area at this point in time. If someone got it for less, power to you.

Anyway, I'm really stoked. I got 47/MPG on my 70 miles drive home and the gas gauge moved like one bar lower. Oh Mine.