1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How much is invoice price changing?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by kgall, Oct 11, 2009.

1. kgall

kgall Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I read that MSRP for Prius II-V goes up $400 on Oct. 18.
    What change, if any, will there be in the invoice price, and when will it occur?

(I asked this question in the general forum a few days ago, and haven't got an answer yet.)

I'm hoping to buy by the end of the year, so this makes a difference to me.

Thanks.

2. georgew

georgew New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Invoice pricing doesn't really matter. Nor does MSRP. Look at truecar.com and see what the dealer is actually paying. If you also look at the historical pricing graph, you'll see the price people are paying is slowly creeping up (model II at least), but not significant at all.

I don't think Toyota is really raising the price to have people pay more, nor is it doing so as a result of market demand. ...rather I think it is to allow the Dealer more options while negotiating..whether it be steeper discounts, higher trade-ins..etc

3. kgall

kgall Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, george.
    OK, then, How much is the actual cost to the dealership changing, if any, and how much is invoice pricing changing?

4. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    They tell us the price increase will give the dealers an average of of 1% extra in the MSRP... some more, some less. Meaning, it's probably less than 1% on a II and a tad more than 1% on a V and somewhere in between on the III and IV. No increase to packages or PPOs.

5. georgew

georgew New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2010 Prius V is now listed as having the greatest price increase on truecar.com..no idea what dates that is through though.

6. kgall

kgall Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Answering part of my own question:
    Cars.com indicates that the new Prius II base invoice is $21,056--up $156 from the former $20,900. That means that the MSRP goes up $244 more than the the invoice.

This is about in line with what Diane W was saying--just above 1% of MSRP more for the dealer.