1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How much longer can we buy the ‘22 Prius now that the gen 5 is out?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by priusmouse, Dec 17, 2022.

1. priusmouse

priusmouse Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Now that the 2023 Prius is released, for how much longer will we be able to order the 2022 new?

there are so many problematic changes in the 23 that I’m seriously considering buying the 22 instead despite it being an “older” model

#1 priusmouse, Dec 17, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
  2. soldierguy

soldierguy Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think (and I could be wrong) that dealerships have received their last shipments of the '22, so whatever they have unsold on the lot is all they're going to get. I say that because around here (DC Metro area) the most recent shipments of the '22 model year all arrived by 14 December, at least according to local dealer websites, and most of the dealer inventories around here list everything as "sale pending." 14 December was also the end of the embargo on driving impressions and prices for the 2023, so the cat is out of the bag on the 2023. Toyota's site still lists the 2023 Prius as an upcoming vehicle, but I expect that to change any day.

If you want to get a '22 while it is new, you need to find one right now in a dealer's inventory that hasn't been sold yet.

EDIT: I just went back to Toyota's site to rummage around for some information, and under the Vehicles tab, although the icon shows the '22 Prius, clicking the icon takes you to the '23 Prius page with all the info about the new one, including the Build tool. So yeah...if you want a brand new '22, I recommend you find one immediately and buy it, otherwise you'll be out of luck.

#2 soldierguy, Dec 17, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
    Mambo Dave and FuelMiser like this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i think i read that^^^ no more 22 shipments. lines are probably being converted to 23 so they can start producing asap

4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How long to buy? Until the inventory on dealer lots is gone.

How long to order? Factory order deadline usually predates the reveal of the new model. By the time we see the new model, the factory usually has already quit making the old ones, and the supply pipeline is being emptied out.

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Never mind 2022 Prius, if I query nearby dealership about any new vehicles, and it's been thus for at least six months:

upload_2022-12-18_12-19-44.png

Once in a while they might have a Tacoma, LOL.

In a nutshell: they're a used car lot.

chuckiechan likes this.
  6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There’s 4(!!!) bZ4Xes at the local showroom. All except the base L is represented. Didn’t see a test drive mode though but this dealer is really good at keeping one for test drives (they had a RAV4 Prime for the longest time)

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  7. Upstate

Upstate Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Greetings everyone,
    I just leased a '22 LE AWE from a local Toyota dealer (NYC Metro),and feel that I got a good deal.
    I took delivery on 1/13/2023, and was told by the dealer that the car was on the last ship to carry '22s to arrive in Newark ,NJ.My car has a production date of 11/22.

bisco likes this.
  8. avocadoman1

avocadoman1 Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Just took possession of a ‘22 Limited on 1/15/23.
    I only went thru with the deal becuz they dropped $1900 off $35,800 sticker (unheard of 6mo ago).
    Paid cash with no “add-ons” so it was an ez transaction.
    Salesman said customers are having a difficult time qualifying for financing. That is Toyota offering 0 incentives (vs Nissan currently promoting favorable lease deals)
    Salesman insisted that more 2022 Prius units will arrive in next 30 days prior to 2023’s.
    Also said that no dealer price reductions will be immediately offered on 2023 units

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Apparently, the o/p changed their mind