1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How Often Do Dealers Get Prius Shipments?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Midpack, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Midpack

Midpack Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Talking to my nearest dealer after his first shipment of 2 cars (neither of which I wanted) and I asked how often he will get new shipments of Prius. He tells me monthly, not what I expected. I would have thought more often than that. I want to monitor traffic/interest in his Prius inventory without driving to/calling every day, but monthly? I realize it's probably dependent on dealer size, but does anyone know about frequency?

2. Chat

Chat New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It really depends on how many they are allocated. Right now I would say roughly twice a month. But that would cover probably a 7 day spread. See the cars are allocated to us 2 twice a month. Then it depends on which ship they get on...Right I have cars the 4th and the 9th coming. Then I know more later in the month of course..Hope that makes sense

3. prolix74

prolix74 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The dealer in Chicago we put the deposit at pretty much said the same thing (and we are still patiently waiting for our blue IV with SR!). In the glory days, they would get shipments practically once a week but overall car demand is too low now to do that.

4. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Cars are allocated twice a month. On rare occasions, with boat dates and things being turned down (maybe that was in the old days) we'd have a month during the year with a 3rd allocation to clear things out... but these days, allocations are twice monthly. Right after the last day of the month, and rigfht around the middle of the month, usually after a weekend. Cars you earn are then revealed to you the following afternoon... BUT these are cars that in some cases are weeks away. In some cases, depending on when they are built and what plant they are coming from and where YOU are as a dealership, they can be 6 weeks down the road for arrival!

If you need a more specific answer, ask me a more detailed or specific question! I'm kinda just scratching the surface with that reply. :)

5. Midpack

Midpack Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I wouldn't expect dates or an exact frequency so I think you've answered, thank you.

6. edwjmcgrath

edwjmcgrath New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Any dealer will be able to look up the inventory of other dealers in the region and do a swap of one of his cars for the car that you want. I've done this many times. If you've got a little flexibility, you should be able to find a car somewhere in your region (once the initial demand is down). It depends on your area but I think that the initial demand is already down. Our dealer has unsold cars on his first shipment.

7. Chat

Chat New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    WOW. Our only one that was not sold upon arrival sold in 2 hours..Still in the wrapper