1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How stupid am I? or How to buy a keyfob for your Prius.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jeffery Merrill, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Jeffery Merrill

Jeffery Merrill Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Lesson learned! Purchased a new keyfob for what looked like a phenomenal deal on Amazon, said right in the title Smart Key fob for Toyota Prius 2004 - 2009. What could go wrong with that one? Let me tell ya!!! The fob was new, alright, but on a little sticker in the packaging said it was for the black logo only! upon looking at the listing again, halfway down the description in small lettering it says black logo only, not for Smart Key systems.

The lesson here? Read the ENTIRE description before making a purchase and save yourself a lot of headaches and money!

srellim234 likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    not returnable?

Jeffery Merrill likes this.
  3. Jeffery Merrill

Jeffery Merrill Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yeah, it was returnable, but how long to get my money back. Plus, I found two more on Ebay, one with a ridiculously good price, but out of stock, the other for $150. Both say explicitly they are for the SKS system, silver logo, not the standard black logo, so should be good.