1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How sweet it is...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Syngefinger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Syngefinger

Syngefinger New Member

Just returned from a trip downstate this past weekend. On the way down on Thursday I was very happy to get 55.2 mpg driving all 2 lane highway. This was with a full car load and alot of luggage. BUT on the way home I did even better...an astounding 58.7 mpg's! It wasn't an especially windy day and there wasn't a ton of downhill driving either. I didn't use the cruise much at all either. I sure hope I can continue that!

Now if I can just get that high in the city. Most of the time I hover around 52-53 MPG's city driving. With only a 1.9 mile commute to work one way, it makes it difficult to get consistently high mileage.

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's awesome!! :)

3. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!

what do you have and where did you accomplish this feat? the curious need to know what driving conditions you have....!

4. Syngefinger

Syngefinger New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barbaram @ Aug 24 2006, 12:27 AM) [snapback]308682[/snapback]</div>
    I have an '06 Pkg 2. Trip was from Standish, Michigan to Alpena, Michigan. A total drive of exactly 100 miles one way. I tried to keep right around 60MPH on the highway and the drive does involve driving thru 4 towns where the posted speed limit is 35. Total mileage driving thru those small towns is probably 5-6 miles out of the 100 mile total. There are a few good sized hills to traverse and glide down, which probably helped a bit.

I didn't use the cruise much as I noticed that even on small hills the engine would rev quite a bit and the mileage bar would drop significantly. As a result I tried my best to glide up the hills while lightly using the gas pedal.