1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How this happend?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Speedracer, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is unbelievable, :cussing: Get up this morning went to car wash.. Then I notice nasty scratch on front bumper! I don't get it! really I don't...
    Only I cant see this happen is making right turn, I did not see object blow the view point... and I run in to it.... BUT unless likely.. The direction is come from top to bottom and its angle! Like something slashed
    Im really picky come to which road I gonna take and where gonna park my car.

Now I got take my car to body shop(which my father friend own)... :cry:

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Oh man, Speed. That sucks. I've been staring at the pictures and the only thing I can come up with is that you might have been backing up, pivoting counterclockwise and your front-right hit something. I say that because if you would have hit it traveling forward, I think the top scratch would have started in front of the other scratches.

Good luck with the touch-up repair.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    how could you hit something that caused that much damage and not know it??

looks to me that something HIT YOU when your car was parked or something.

4. ALoLA

ALoLA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I feel your pain. I should take some pics of the damage from the road debris I hit a while back. Front right bumper as well.

5. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This was disbelieve first time I saw this.... Good morning become not good morning after all.... :cry:
    This happened in between Saturday or Sunday. I gonna investigate car park next me... they have larger car and its hard to park.
    Anyway....
    So I went to Toyota Dealership and ask them whats my option.
    They told me they can fix it same day for 200 bucks. Interesting part is so common for this kind scratch in Japan, Toyota has special department to handle this type of repair... :roll:
    Option 2 is if I use my insurance, they will replace from bumper! Sound funny but its true they will install new front bumper!
    So what now? I have an appointment with my father friend...

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    200$ !!

other than the fact that it probably isnt your fault, whats the hold up???

in the US you cant get an estimate for 200$.

7. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have been no luck come to owning new car one other car was rear ended less than 8month old :cussing: total repair cost was 800bucks because just need new bumper.... and last car was broke down 3month after I got the car :roll:
    So now this..
    I still don't know how insurance work in Japan... This is the first car I ever bought in Japan. Confusing part is I'm making car payment but it belong to company fleet. Because insurance is paid by company so, I have to talk with accountant regarding to this issue... If they told me NO. I have to pay for it.... :roll:
    I would like to fix before going for business trip(to New Orleans) 2 weeks from now...

8. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I would have to agree that you could not have done that kind of damage with out you knowing about it. Someone hit you and turned and pulled away. Coming from the US 200 seems like chump change. We don't get anything done for less than a 1K or at least it seems that way.

9. ALoLA

ALoLA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Here are some pics of the damage from the road debris I ran into. I just took these, but I probably should take some during the day for better visibility.