1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to add DRCC & LKA?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by drndmc, Sep 7, 2010.

1. drndmc

drndmc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is it possible to install DRCC and LKA parts to Prius V whcih don't have advanced technology package initially. I currently had one ZVW30 with 17" wheels in Taiwan, but without DRCC & LKA. I can see the wires in the bumbers for radar, but without radar sensors.

Thank you.

2. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It could be possible. You'll need more than just the sensors though. There's also a set of buttons on the steering wheel that enable the DRCC and LKA

3. Colonel Ronson

Colonel Ronson New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Its not possible. This is something that can only be done in the factory. There are too many sensors, buttons, wiring, software installations that need to be done.

If it was possible, then it would be a port/dealer installed option, but it isn't. Factory option only.

4. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hardware, you will need the radar (DRCC). You will also need the camera above the rearview mirror (LKA). Of course, you will need wires, software, etc.. It is probably cheaper to trade in your Prius and get one with DRCC, PCS, LKA, etc. (if avail in Taiwan). :D

5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm sure a body shop would be happy to do it if you give them a blank check.

6. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I highly doubt you can add DRCC and LKA afterwards. LKA is only available to the US market. You would have to order all the parts from USA and ship them to Taiwan. Just off the top of my head you would need to and install/replace all the sensors and camera and replace all the wireharness involved with LKA and DRCC, all the steering (ATP is only available with the V. The V has different steering than II-IV) all the ECUs involved with DRCC and LKA, all the braking system involved with DRCC, instrument display and warning buzzard. There's probably other components I forgot about. If it was that easy and cheap, people have bought the II and build their own V with ATP. The cost involved would be astronomical. Besides, I've seen the roads and highways in Taiwan. The LKA wont work. The lanes are too narrow, the speed is not fast enough for the LKA to function as LKA due to constant traffic jam. At best it would function as lane departure warning if the camera is able to detect the lanes. At least here in the US, the lanes are wide enough and the speed is fast enough for LKA to work and the lane departure warning to work on the city street level. If you're persistent and determent please let us know how you did it and all the parts involved. I'm sure other II III IV owners here in the US and around the world would LOVE to add DRCC and LKA function to their Prius. After adding DRCC, you might also find PCS as an added bonus since it involved all the parts for DRCC.

7. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    One more thing: You'd have to replace the front windshield because the II-IV windshield dot matrix will block the LKA camera. The dot matrix is different for V windshield.

But, hey, it's not a problem with a blank check.

8. cproaudio

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    ohh yeah forgot the windshield and the ceiling center console where the camera goes. the Vs center console also has a button for toyotas road side assistance.

9. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    In addition to everything mentioned above, I would also think some modification to the steering column would be necessary vis-a-vis the power assist motor. Additionally, the brake booster would need to be replaced.

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well it'll involve 26 parts for the cruise control (some of which you have, some you don't)

*1 ECM

*2 Brake Actuator Assembly
    - Skid Control ECU

*3 Inverter with Converter Assembly
    - MG ECU

*4 Throttle Body Assembly
    - Throttle Control Motor

*5 Millimeter Wave Radar Sensor Assembly

*6 Speed Sensor

*7 Stop Light Control Relay Assembly

*8 Hybrid Vehicle Transaxle Assembly
    - MG2

*9 Skid Control Buzzer Assembly

*10 Stop Light Switch Assembly

*11 Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor

*12 Steering Angle Sensor

*13 DLC3

*14 Power Management Control ECU

*15 Driving Support ECU

*16 Shift Lever Position Sensor

*17 Yaw Rate and Acceleration Sensor

*18 Combination Meter Assembly

*19 Cruise Main Indicator Light

*20 Cruise SET Indicator Light

*21 Radar Cruise Control Indicator Light

*22 Multi-information Display

*23 Master Warning Light

*24 Cruise Control Main Switch

*25 Distance Control Switch

*26 Windshield Wiper Switch Assembly

And for LKA, in addition to the parts listed above,

*1 Lane Recognition Camera Sensor Assembly

*2 LKA Indicator Light

*3 Headlight Dimmer Switch Assembly and Turn Signal Switch

*4 LKA Main Switch

11. Flaninacupboard

Flaninacupboard Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ouch, pricey. Number 8 in particular makes this unfeasable unless you have a wrecked vehicle to strip.

12. cproaudio

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Some of those parts listed may be found on lower trim Prius but it's not compatible with DRCC or LKA so you would have to replace them. The cost for parts and labor would probably end up with buying 1 Prius. The easiest way sell your current Prius, buy a V/ATP from the US, import it to Taiwan, update the nav DVD to Taiwan roads. You will lose the roadside assistants, and SAT radio function.

13. Michaelk

Michaelk New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    thank you very much!.... I was totally blown away on that on. I feel your correct, easier to trade the car than go after this conversion.

Thank You again for assist the Newbie!
    Michael

14. ithaclies

ithaclies Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I know this is an old post, but my Prius V Five has the DRCC and PCS already installed, how easy would it be to buy the extra parts for the LKA and add them to my car so I can try out the Comma.ai Open Pilot system? I drive over 2500 miles a week and I would love to have the Open Pilot handle most of those long miles on the highway. Thanks

15. tannerpace

tannerpace Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Im sure you dont need to replace your mg2 in order to get drcc, you would need a pin diagram in order to figure out how to wire it. I have been researching this as well, I feel it is definitely doable. Heck there is a guy on comma ai discord who has openpilot on his 80's vanagon