1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to allow messaging on Samsung Galaxy S7 on 2016 Prius Four

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by KimNSantaBarbara, Aug 2, 2016.

1. KimNSantaBarbara

KimNSantaBarbara New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Recently, my Samsung Galaxy S7 updated to the newest version of Android. As soon as that happened, I could no longer access text messages or emails on my 2016 Prius Four. Before the update, everything was working fine.

When I try to set up messaging in the car, I get a message that says something along the lines of "you may need to access your phone and allow messaging".

A few times, I've gotten a pop up on my phone asking if I want to allow messaging, and I said yes. But that didn't do it.

I've tried unpairing and re-pairing my phone. Deleting my phone. Uninstalling and reinstalling Entune. All to no avail. I've tried calling Entune for assistance, no help there.

Does anyone else use a Samsung Galaxy S7 successfully?

I'm guessing the problem is a setting on my phone, but I've gone through all of the settings and nothing I've tried has worked.

Appreciate any suggestions!

2. Eclipse1701d

Eclipse1701d Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    On the Gen 3, if you delete the phone from the car's bluetooth, and then reconnect it, it fixes that particular problem. You may want to give that a shot.

3. KimNSantaBarbara

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for the suggestion. I did try that, but it didn't work :(

4. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Here's a suggestion: DON'T TEXT WHILST DRIVING! - sorry, but I would have thought that you might have realised that texting and driving really don't mix! :rolleyes: The same goes for playing PokemonGo! I realise that we live in The Age Of Entitlement, but if you're planning to text or play mindless games on your SmartPhone as you're driving, please don't drive on the same roads as I or any of my family or friends are using! Thankyou (…you know it makes sense!) o_O:whistle:;)
    PS: Welcome to PriusChat (…if you've survived, and are still around!) :)

5. KimNSantaBarbara

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four

LOL, the whole reason I'm trying to set up the messaging is so that I can have my car READ my emails and texts to me without me having to look at anything. That way, if I hear anything urgent, I can pull over and respond, instead of having to constantly pull over to check when I make a regular 4-hour commute.

I assure you I'm not one of those people you see staring at their phone while they drive!

6. Eclipse1701d

Eclipse1701d Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Did you try to delete the pair from your phone and THEN reconnect? If that doesn't work, there may be a change to the bluetooth stack on the Android side, which will then cause Toyo to update their side... I love technology!

7. KimNSantaBarbara

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes, I did that several times. I also spent over an hour on the phone with Samsung support yesterday. We cleared the bluetooth stack and cache and all data associated with it, tried pairing in safe mode, and a few other things. Still no luck :( I can get everything to pair okay except messaging. It all started with a Samsung update (worked fine before I ran the updated, stopped working as soon a the update completed). So I'm assuming there is some compatibility issue in this version of Android.

8. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If at all possible, you may have to figure out a way to uninstall the most recent upgrade. You may have to remove all data and start over. Of course, if you try something like this, back up all your stuff.