1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to change customizable settings on the Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by whitespider, Jul 4, 2007.

1. whitespider

whitespider Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    First let me start off by saying thank you to everyone here for helpping me get the deal and prius I wanted. I had to drive from miami FL to tampa FL and then back (5 and a half hour drive according to the nav) to get it, but it was worth it with how rare it was, and I was starting my new job 48 hours later so I was MORE than happy to get it then.

THANK YOU!! :lol:

Anyways, on to the topic: So i've got in my Prius documents a document called "Customizable_features.pdf", the title of the top page of this PDF said "Customized Body Electronics System". This document fancies me. Why? Because it shows diffrent settings I can have on my Prius... but...

HOW?!

Honestly, that's what this topic is about. I am attaching a copy of the file incase i'm not being understood.

My first goal is to get the smart key system to unlock all four doors, so that my impressive first shock to friends and family is that much of an impression when I walk up and tell them just to get in.

Attached Files:

2. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Some (All? Most?) of those features can only be enabled/disabled at the dealer with a Scantool, I believe. However, the SmartKey system has user-changeable settings. It's actually in your users' manual or, alternately, Wayne has posted about it in this thread.

Basically, there are three settings: one that only opens the door that you touch, one that opens all the doors when you touch any door, and a third that opens all doors when you touch the hatch or the passenger's door, but only opens the drivers' door when you touch that door (the default, I believe).

3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) As for 'which doors to unlock" question... the previous post is correct. Page 32 of your Owner's Manual explains the process. It's a little long to repeat word for word here, Basically, the mode is reset by simultaneously holding the "lock" button and "panic" buttons on your remote and listening for the 'beeps.'

You may have to make several attempts, but it will work... patience is the watchword. Repeated attempts are also usually required for programming the 'reverse beep to off' and other owner-enabled modifications.

CIAO

4. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think all of the other items on the "customizable" list have to be done at the dealership with a scan tool. I didn't see anything that I wanted to have changed when I purchased mine, so I just let it go....

5. whitespider

whitespider Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mcbrunnhilde @ Jul 5 2007, 02:56 PM) [snapback]473585[/snapback]</div>
    Hmm, Can I do this at any Toyota Dealership or just the one I bot mines at? Cause I got mines a little over 200 miles away... heh.

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(whitespider @ Jul 5 2007, 02:52 PM) [snapback]473685[/snapback]</div>
    I'd check your closest dealer. The odds are they'll be able to.

7. TWI

TWI New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Jul 5 2007, 07:20 PM) [snapback]473729[/snapback]</div>

Even if you didn't buy your car there they know you will have to take it somewhere for service.

8. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(whitespider @ Jul 5 2007, 02:52 PM) [snapback]473685[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, any dealer can do it for you, but they will probably charge a fee for doing so.

9. MPG > HP

MPG > HP Junior Member

Sorry I don't have it handy, but there is a thread here on how you can disable the "seatbelt unused while moving" chime, which is handy if you want to unbuckle as you turn into your driveway, etc. You can also turn off the passenger side, but I leave mine on so as to not have to nag my passengers to buckle up, as I know they should.

10. whitespider

whitespider Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MPG > HP @ Jul 6 2007, 02:10 AM) [snapback]473868[/snapback]</div>
    I remember this, it also said how to remove the reverse beep. I was hoping there were tricks like this for the rest of the customizable features.