1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how to change mpg calc to not reset?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by ruggb, Feb 21, 2007.

1. ruggb

ruggb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When you fill the tank with more than about 2.5 gal the mpg calculator automatically resets according to the manual. Is there a way to change that to not reset unless I specifically push reset??

2. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If memory serves, the distance resets but the actual MPG calculation does not reset by itself.

3. madler

madler Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brick @ Feb 21 2007, 02:27 PM) [snapback]394108[/snapback]</div>
    This depends on the year. My 2005 resets both automatically when refilling. I hear that the 2004's also do that, but that 2006 and 2007 reset only the miles -- not the MPG accumulation! You'd have to manually reset each time you refill to get the two things displayed next to each other to actually correspond to each other.

Go figure.

I have not heard of a way to prevent the reset on refill, whichever way it works.

4. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ruggb @ Feb 21 2007, 10:50 AM) [snapback]394048[/snapback]</div>
    YES . . . you could always try adding just two gallons, then turn the car on and off, and repeat until full. ;)
    Of course, this would be a pain in the butt . . . not to mention people at the gas station would think you are nuts.
    You would also have to worry about fire safety from static build-up and discharge due to your repeated entries and exits from the car. :eek:

An electronic fix? None I've heard of. :(