1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to cheaply repair the back triangular side window?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ragnarkar, May 9, 2011.

1. ragnarkar

ragnarkar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My gf's 2001 Prius had the small triangular side window on the passenger side broken:

(It's not the main side window but the small piece closest to the rear; plz google for an image of 2001 Prius cause I can't post any images here..)

Does anyone know if it's possible to get this repaired, preferably under $100 plus parts and labor? We've tried contacting several places (i.e. local shops, Safelite glass, etc.) and everyone wants over $100 for this repair. It doesn't make any sense since I've had the front windshield on my Honda replaced for only $150 including parts and labor 3 years ago.

2. Maine Pilot

Maine Pilot Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    III
    The obvious answer might be: insurance?

3. ragnarkar

ragnarkar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not covered by insurance.. it got smashed parked in a bad neighborhood. We even checked.

4. jamesa53

jamesa53 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Proof positive that you should always carry Comprehensive insurance on your vehicle. It doesnt cost much and is good to have if your car is stolen, burns up, or is otherwise vandalized while parked.